• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

79 GT Springs Discontinued....

The Lesjofors springs I ordered from partscontainer(7? years ago) look closer to 14.2mm. I'm running 14mm on the rear on my 92 245(a little rough over speed bumps/ washboard dirt roads, otherwise no issues). The car came with 25/22 IPD bars mounted which I left.

As far as partsgeek, I have not dealt with them but with all the false/misleading information regarding coil springs, I suggest to anyone ordering to verify the diameter with a particular vendor(or only deal with reputable vendors) prior to ordering.

:cheers:

Yeah no one is going to verify spring diameter.

I've received the springs from Nordicar today. Talk about speedy shipping! 5 days from the Netherlands to me.

Their measurements were spot on, 42cm free height, 14,7mm thickness. So they really are the OE spec lowering springs! Very cool.

That seems like a really good spring. I'd like to see the height in a picture when you're done installing them.

You bet, I'll get a before/after with wheel arch to tire measurements. I just need to get some strut inserts. Seems RockAuto removed the B6 inserts off their site, they were the cheapest way to get them.

Tire size and the accuracy of your horizontal line from the top of the tire to the fender lip will affect the results.

Yes, this is very true. Which is why the new laser alignment machines are the best. However, even those machines still require the user to measure for ride height manually before the process can begin. :)

Late to the game but I put the IPD sport springs on my 80 GT years ago and they were great.

Couple that with sway bars and Bilsteins and the car was like a slot car.

Looks pretty cool too.

151742877.jpg

FWIW

On to the Rear!

It's been a couple minutes since last posting. My brakes class exam is Wednesday, which means break is right around the corner. Besides that, I've been doing a large amount of maintenance on the DD F150. Now that that is further along, I'm focusing back up on my 242. Which means I need to figure out the rear springs to match the fronts that came from Nordicar.

The matching pair for the rear per the Volvo catalog is PN 3529916. I've not been able to find much of any information on these, aside from this: https://classic-volvo.com/coil-spring-rear-245-hd-heavy-duty-14mm.html

The specifications that are listed on the page match up with the 245 ambulance rear springs. Unless the ambulance 245s were lower in the rear, these are likely incorrect.

I'm hoping to find a matched spring to the front, which provides a 25mm drop over the factory springs. I'd like to have a nice balanced ride that can corner well. IOW I'd like to avoid hacking springs and find a more "professional" option.

Maybe the adjustable spring mounts from BNE? Anyone have experience with those?

I'm thinking those rear springs are probably NLA.

Your best bet is to use the adjustable rear perch with a generic 5" rear spring like blue coils dot com. The springs come in various heights and ratings to match up to what you want. Give Ben a call and chat with him about it.

I use 200lb 13" rear springs with the adjustable perch and it's been great for many years on the turbo.

Your best bet is to use the adjustable rear perch with a generic 5" rear spring like blue coils dot com. The springs come in various heights and ratings to match up to what you want. Give Ben a call and chat with him about it.

I use 200lb 13" rear springs with the adjustable perch and it's been great for many years on the turbo.

Great, I've reached out to him. Looks like the next step is figuring out spring rate of my front springs, as that is what is required to figure out a match for the rear.

I sent Nordicar a message asking for the spring rate, and if that doesnt work, I guess next step is trying to track down and contact Vantage, which is who manufactures these springs.

Back