• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's Lifted Om606 Wagon Build

Looks great!

Thank you!

Well had another "failure" serpentine belt tensioner snapped the other day, pretty common issue I guess, easy enough to fix and luckily I had a spare handy. The spring looked to be the original one so it made it almost half a million miles which is not bad!

3TsPczQ.jpg

ULjOCS4.jpg

Did a few dump runs with the car today, towed a trailer full of gravel on one trip. Weighed the car and suprisingly the car weighs 3320 lbs with a full tank of fuel!

Well as exciting as the thrash was to get the car going quickly I have to say this is by far the most boring build I've ever done. Not in a bad way at all really, everything just seems to be working on the car. I've daily driven it for months now and gone on a few road trips with it and nothing is bugging me or breaking. The car has been extremely reliable, ever since I moved the trans controller screen down by the shifter it made accessing the manual shift easier so I put the stock shifter back in. Cruise control have been working with 0 issues, the ac has been working flawlessly. The only thing I have done was install a LOJ heater core bypass block to keep the temps in check. The damn engine doesn't even burn oil even after nearly half a million miles. The car gets so much attention(too much if I'm being honest), and I've had multiple offers on it. It's almost at the point where I want another 240 that has issues so I have one to work on :lol:.

Well as exciting as the thrash was to get the car going quickly I have to say this is by far the most boring build I've ever done. Not in a bad way at all really, everything just seems to be working on the car. I've daily driven it for months now and gone on a few road trips with it and nothing is bugging me or breaking. The car has been extremely reliable, ever since I moved the trans controller screen down by the shifter it made accessing the manual shift easier so I put the stock shifter back in. Cruise control have been working with 0 issues, the ac has been working flawlessly. The only thing I have done was install a LOJ heater core bypass block to keep the temps in check. The damn engine doesn't even burn oil even after nearly half a million miles. The car gets so much attention(too much if I'm being honest), and I've had multiple offers on it. It's almost at the point where I want another 240 that has issues so I have one to work on :lol:.

Well, I can just Michael Baker it for you if you'd like.

Spoke to soon allegedly! The delivery valves in my pump started leaking fuel everywhere. I had a hard/no start the other day. The car usually starts very quickly and it was acting like there was air in the fuel system. Either way I get to work on it! I'm going to do a few minor mods while I'm in there to clean it up. I noticed one of my injector leak off lines was leaking so that will get addressed as well. The previous owner dinged up the barbs pretty bad so I'm suspecting that's my issue. It will be a good time to recheck the injectors as well and inspect the prechambers balls. May go ahead and do glow plugs as well. Easy stuff

Back