• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Projekt "We dont roll"

Thank you, I was trying to post some pic but haven't figured out how to make that happen using my phone and the tbricks photo storage.

NathanInWA intake should arrive tomorrow. Many thanks to Sbabbs for hookin me up.

Difficult to see but after the oil line to the turbo cracked while heading north on a Make a Wish charity run i decided to go with a remote oil filter setup and a braided line to the turbo.

Nice job, I haven't seen a car that confusing to so many people in quite a while! I love it, hope its fast. Kind of the opposite of our our LS swaps, I love a car that hurts my brain for a minute. Very cool

Its quick, obviously not as quick as a V8 but 18psi will set me right back in the seat and make me giggle. It's fun to watch people at car shows try and wrap their head around it. Most people really think its neat because it is so vastly different. I dyno'd my wagon years ago and it made 205/235 at the wheels. Since the compressor swap and redo of everything im going to guess is about 220, im hoping the Nathan intake and cam push it over 250.

A big thank you to Sbabbs for the NIW intake manifold. Luckily the tb had boss's to drill and tap for the old school tps unit. Still running LH 2.4 and the newer 850 style wont work properly.

Been a while since i've been around. Lack of a computer and no ambition to figure it out from my schmell phone. Got the intake finished up, car is such a joy to drive and the top end is more spirited with the gears and easier breathing. The GTP injectors need to go, they flow way too much, idle is 20psi and wide open is still far too rich. Any suggestions on smaller injectors would be appreciated.

On with the show.

IMG_8020.jpg

Added a catch can, this was designed for a Lotus Esprit, i cut it in half and made it work for my setup

IMG_8021.jpg

IMG_8031.jpg

IMG_8032.jpg

IMG_8048.jpg

IMG_8050.jpg

Ran into some electrical gremlins while driving one day, car started running super rich, i couldn't figure out why. It eventually died and i rolled into a parking lot. I kept hearing a clicking sound and determined it was the injectors. Some how the wires under the fender had abraded and the injectors were shorting to ground causing them to misfire. So one weekend i decided it was time to cut and splice every fricken wire and shorten it all up. To this point it was all stock length LH2.4 wiring, which is significantly longer than i needed. The first photo is from when i built the car, shortly after removing the entire harness from the donor wagon.

IMG_3309.jpg

IMG_8920.jpg

IMG_8921.jpg

IMG_8922.jpg

IMG_8923.jpg

IMG_8924.jpg

IMG_8925.jpg

Project took a couple days working on it here and there, maybe 6-7 hours and quite a lot of soldering and heat shrink. It's good to go now, no more crap 1990 connectors and no more wires hidden under the massive fenders to slide around and short circuit. I spent quite a lot of time trying to keep everything orderly and look professional. Much easier to service the computers now, and i don't drive the car in the rain unless i get caught up in it.

IMG_8926.jpg

Some more upgrades to the Nova, Sick of the stock single piston iron calipers so i upgraded to the Two pot Willwood aluminum calipers, quick and easy install, less than 30 minutes a side.

IMG_8904.jpg

IMG_8905.jpg

IMG_8907.jpg

IMG_8908.jpg

IMG_8909.jpg

IMG_8910.jpg

My gf was walking through a antiques shop in NH and turned the corner to find this gem. I told her she should have bought a lottery ticket. Gotta be 1 in a billion chance.

IMG_8914.jpg

More progress this week with tubular upper and lower A Arms along with rubber motor mounts in place of the Poly urathane units that i installed when i built the car. It gets old at stop signs when every bit of metal in the ol' girl starts rattling heavy.

IMG_9328.jpg

IMG_9329.jpg

IMG_9330.jpg

IMG_9331.jpg

IMG_9332.jpg

IMG_9333.jpg

IMG_9334.jpg

IMG_9335.jpg

IMG_9336.jpg

IMG_9337.jpg

IMG_9338.jpg

IMG_9339.jpg

IMG_9340.jpg

IMG_9341.jpg

IMG_9351.jpg

Probably because i was vacant for quite a few years doing everything else, mostly flying FPV drones and just enjoying this as my summer commuter car. Then i went and got too spirited and crashed into a curb, hence the upgrading of front end components and the scuffing on the K member.

I'm glad you like, thank you.

Update on the rubber engine mounts... Car is so much nicer sitting at a stop sign or redlight now, i can actually see what's behind me in the rear view mirror. All that's left on the list is the sub-frame bushings.

If anyone on here is interested in buying this car, please send me a dm and we can discuss the details. Haven't been driving it much and would like to see it off to someone who will enjoy it. Cheers!

Attachments

• FullSizeR.jpg
    FullSizeR.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_9384.jpg
    IMG_9384.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 157
Not much of an update. Been trying to daily drive this thing this summer in between the rains. I've been thinking about swapping in a mustang II front end for better performance and handling. I've changed jobs so it will make doing so more cost effective. I've created an IG account, hopefully the images will show up as i list them. I dyno'd the car, it made 232hp and 238lbs/tq running way too rich top end at 18psi. More to come if this works.

CP8SXWfNVHK

Back