• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

NC Meet, BBQ, at Kyle's House - April 3-5

stick70

Big dreams, medium skills
I have been meaning to get a meet together at my house for a long time so here we go. I'm sure this plan :rofl: will evolve over time, god knows I've never hosted a meet.

Where?
I live in Hurdle Mills, NC right off highway 49. It's about half an hour north of I-40, the same from Durham, NC. Feel free to send me questions related to directions. I live on a farm and there is plenty of room for crappy 240s, parking is no issue. Hell park your 740 in my yard why not.

Address: 8200 Burlington Rd, Hurdle Mills, NC 27541. This is the address to the store across the street from my house. My driveway is at the intersection of Hwy 49 and Robert Hester Rd. I'll put a flag on the mailbox or something.

What are we gonna do?
The usual meet stuff I suppose, which mostly involves hanging around and talking junk with good people for a weekend. I have a drive we can do that takes about an hour and a half that will show you Caswell county's finest farmland, errr... I mean trailer parks, and has a few twisties as well. You are more than welcome to show up Friday afternoon, Saturday morning, whatever, leave when you please. Don't show up Thursday because idk what I'm going to do with you, but it will probably involve hard labor.

I have a decent propane grill you are welcome to cook whatever you please on for food. I'll supply the gas, you throw your meat about as you wish. I don't expect anyone will go hungry, but if you want anything fancier than North Carolina's famous Carolina Packers red hot dogs, burgers, and basic breakfast then you should probably bring it. There may or may not be a smoker present, I'll see what I can work out. There's a decent local market and grill nearby with a butcher, but everything else is about 20 minutes away.

You may be lucky enough to watch me flounder about trying to get my 242 ready for SE.

Saturday night there will be a fire of some sort.

Where am I gonna sleep?
I'm going to say you should plan to camp if you wanna stay the night. You can interpret that however you like; tent, hammock, station wagon, thin blanket in the woods, it's up to you. I do have a house with a floor for you poor souls, but don't make that your primary plan. It's not that you aren't welcome inside, it's just I don't have enough thin blankets to go around. If you do plan to tent then you can do it basically wherever you wish in the yard, woods, etc. If it's really cold of course sleep in the house.

The rules because I have to have some rules:
Mostly, don't be a jackass. I'm a reasonable person. Treat my property and everyone on it with respect, we will have no issues. I have no problem getting you to leave said property.

This is a small local community. I have neighbors, and while not within pissing distance, they are good people. Don't make a fool of yourself and piss off my neighbors.

Don't drink and drive, I'm not bailing you out.

Don't touch my tools.

Beer is allowed and is BYOB. I will not put up with underage drinking, and you aren't getting me arrested. That means you need to be 21 to partake in the beverages. There will be a 6th barrel of something good on tap in the house that will be for everyone but I'm picking it and it ain't gonna be Bud Light.

Please note: I have two dogs. Stella is a small lab mix. She will bark at you and does not want to be your friend, you probably won't see much of her. She will not come near you and will get tired of barking. Timber is a big retriever mix. He absolutely wants to be your best friend ever and will try to love on you as vigorously as you allow him to. Both of them are friendly. I'll be keeping an eye on the big one but please don't encourage him to leave the yard.

We're all friends, everyone is welcome. If however you have not met me before have the courtesy to post in this thread or send me a message.

That's all I got, please please PM me about any details, questions, hesitations, anything at all.

Last edited:
I was planning to do something with Stacey the next weekend, and then there's SE. but whatev. I'll do my best to have a noteworthy ride, and if I don't show, I'm working on that ride.

I was planning to do something with Stacey the next weekend, and then there's SE. but whatev. I'll do my best to have a noteworthy ride, and if I don't show, I'm working on that ride.

Debating on if i'm going to camp out or make the 1 hour drive home at night. We'll see. You're always welcome to the guestroom at the house.

It's not a bad ride, just watch for the deer. You can either go through Efland or guess rd out of Durham.

Hmmm.
Andrew, are you bringing something with pushrods or OHC?

Might do the last 3 hours' worth of work on the 142 and drive it.

sounds fun, haven't been to a volvo meetup in a few years. April is always crazy busy for me, but if I can make it work, I would like to join.

Back