• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

2001 V70 Superturbo build

You talk about making, or at least spending, plenty coin. So why are you stuck on this clapped out wwd pile. :cameron:

It's supposed to be fun.

picture.php

Motherf<z>ucker Jones:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/H6Ni2gPo5Us" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not stuck just liked the body style more. Def not a fan of the wwd. Sweet pic I think thats enough to convince me that car is friggin B E A utiful! Ahha the 1320 videos I was accused of dropping buzzwords from. That is actually the first I've seen of it. will have to check them out. See what i mean though it is hilarious seeing a volvo sedan beat a lambo.

Last edited:
For a guy who's use to work on old RWD Volvos and Subarus let me tell you that taking the engine out of a 1999 S70 AWD without a lift is a MAJOR pain in the ass...

lot's of crawling under a car on ramps. I feel yah. Swapped out a cracked block on an 87 ford f150 a couple months ago. Thankfully that was raised enough I could go under as it sat but cannot count how many times I was in and out both pulling the old engine and putting in the new one.

Why do so many geniuses feel compelled to mention their IQ when involved in a keyboard 'debate'?
A genius wouldn't think a Volvo engine used RTV as a headgasket...

I didn't feel compelled dude put up a simple jack trailer his I.Q.is 5 so defense. It wan't unprompted. I'll never live down the gasket fiasco. I was just not paying attention to what i was actually saying. Oh well.

Came back to add you should know the difference between RTV sealant and Anaerobic sealant before talking trash about my mixup.

Last edited:
No, but a car guy with a 150 IQ would SURELY know how an engine works, and be able to reason for himself that RTV is NOT a suitable headgasket for an upright, piston-driven, watercooled, internal combustion engine. ESPECIALLY if he's planning on converting a FWD Volvo wagon to a RWD 'mustang killer'.

Once again I'll never live it down, was not paying attention to what i was typing I darn well know better. People make mistakes pobody's nerfect etc. Actually I do have a little dyslexia so when I'm not paying attention my brain switches things on me usually numbers but it shows up in stuff like this too. Makes me have to be super attentive at work since I'm handling other peoples money.

P80 is WWD or weak AWD...

240/740/940/960 are RWD.

Let me introduce you to Volvette.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Vol...hUF4GMKHdRUChIQ9QEIPzAF#imgrc=q-aXFRwvToVvWM:

volvette.jpg
ok my mistake i thought someone had said an 850 would work but thats a p80 and looking it up indeed only in wwd or awd. Now we got something a 98 960 fits my criteria the best of any of those. Any major issues with that I should know?

Some sad individuals holding on to any reason to troll aside we are making progress.

Some sad individuals holding on to any reason to troll aside we are making progress.

Why limit your obvious knowledge and potential with the wagon you have on a V8, when you can go twin T5?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rUGkL7ZBqHg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why limit your obvious knowledge and potential with the wagon you have on a V8, when you can go twin T5?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rUGkL7ZBqHg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now THAT is an insane build. Not going V8 with it don't know that the 960 is right either. While I wouldn't hate a 6 cylinder and they have inline versions part of the idea is keeping the quirkyness of an I5. No matter what though it must be inline. Pretty much every inline engine I have ever heard of is renowned for being sturdy and longer lasting compared to it's V counterparts.

Learn how to weld and weld good and have lots of disposable money.

Yeah at this point thinking I'll pickup a used welder and have my buddy bring some scrap metal to show me the ropes and practice on. I can do fine solder work so welding shouldn't be too much harder to tackle. Solder can be so difficult to make flow where you want I'm sure a bit o liquefied steal flows a little slower and is more direct-able. The challenge I guess for every welder is not sticking and learning the flow rate.

Last edited:
Back