• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fuel delivery issues

Handey87

I've got an AEM wideband and lately a few times when I'm cruising my afr's are a touch rich, sometimes, but not consistently, swinging between 14.0 and 14.7 or so, when before at cruise it'd be between 14.6 and 15.1ish which is spot on. This bugs me. Pulled the codes and it's giving me 2-3-2 only, so mixture is rich/lean at idle, big help that is.

Today, driving back to work from lunch, I'm getting hesitation when I try to accelerate, and my AFRs are all over the place, swinging from the 13s to the 17s. Sometimes it'll clear up, sometimes it's bad, but the car is still driveable at this point. I cut the car off, turn it back on and it's fine for a little bit, full boost runs, a-ok. Driving home from work, my cruise AFRs are once again all over, but mostly chillin at around 14.2 or so, definitely too lean for cruise. You can feel the power dip and surge on acceleration when this is going on, so it's not my wideband.

I thought I had a good stage 0, car has had new plugs and wires in the last 6 months, no known vacuum leaks, I just replaced a bunch of hoses, and throttle body was cleaned out when I did the ignition stuff. AMM has been cleaned within the last 2 months.

Here's what I've done; ordered a new 02 sensor and a new knock sensor. I'm going to replace them tomorrow, hopefully that will fix it. My question to you is, is there anything else I need to look out for? Anything I can test for?

Oh dear, I'll check that out too. Also I want to say that my car cranks just fine, however every once in a while it'll kind of bog for a few seconds after it first fires, then the idle comes right up and it drives fine. My car has never not started, and other than when the CPS died, and when I left an intercooler hose loose (that was loud), it's never died on me, but it's definitely something getting worse.

Could also be a bad fuel pressure regulator. If it is starting to go, your AFRs will start to go all over the place.

Back