• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1980 242 t6

Art Morrison Chassis
LT4 crate motor
T56
9?
335 rear on 13x20s
285 front on 10x19s
Tucked Bumpers
Trimmed drip rails
Air ducts for rear brakes
Side exit exhuast
Ridetech air suspension

Are folks still using the "Johnny Joints" for the rears? The Currie parts were all the buzz 10 years ago. Sounds like a solid drivetrain.... engine management by GM?

I am planning on offering up the tap and chase to anyone who wants to do the same trick. I have seen some other loaner/rental tools going around and I think I would have to get about $15 dollars per user, so that I could eventually offset the cost of the tap. Anyone interested?

Although this is an older post, I would very much be interested in renting your tap! Much better than cutting and re-welding!

Thought you might like this.

I found this while attending SEMA 2018

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

There was another Volvo getting photos taken at the same dry lake bed as we were doing the photo shot for the Chevelle, I?ll try and find some pictures of that one as well.

Cool! I wasn't sure if the pan being slanted down hill was going to be an issue or not.

If mounting vertically, pan ground clearance would definitely be a concern for me at my ride height. Even mounted with the designed slant, the pan just barely tucks in, protected by the crossmember. I'm curious to see what bottom of the pan looks like relative to the crossmember.

If mounting vertically, pan ground clearance would definitely be a concern for me at my ride height. Even mounted with the designed slant, the pan just barely tucks in, protected by the crossmember. I'm curious to see what bottom of the pan looks like relative to the crossmember.

That?s what I was thinking. I?m half tempted to just pop the ?low side? flat (so the pan would be a bit V shaped towards the pickup tube which in itself isn?t a bad thing either)

Are folks still using the "Johnny Joints" for the rears? The Currie parts were all the buzz 10 years ago. Sounds like a solid drivetrain.... engine management by GM?

Mostly I see Jonny Joints on 4x4 stuff.
I?ve been using poly bushings and DOM tubing for street cars and solid joints for race.

Yes, GM ECM and harness for the LT4 and Ron Francis Wiring for all the other wiring.

Jeff

Back