• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

700/900 Coilover kit DOES EXIST! At a fair price.

Drift Brick

How nice would it be to adjust your ride height, dampening rate, and front camber, all while swapping tires on track day? Your dream can now become a reality with this kit.

Pic is of front coilovers welded and fully installed onto stock volvo spindle as per BC Racing instructions.
image.php

The manufacturer is BC Racing USA
http://www.bcracing-na.com/

A search through their current application list will NOT show a kit listed for the 7 or 9 series volvo. The part number to use when speaking to their sales rep while placing your order is ZG09

The cost is around $1085 US dollars shipped.

At this point i only know that BC Racing North America has this kit available (After waiting 3-5 weeks to be manufactured to your specs) Perhaps someone outside the US can speak with their BC racing providers and see if said part number works worldwide?

This kit fits my strut tubes (For Sure) of the 87-90 740. do your homework and ensure the 9 series you have has the earlier style strut tubes to ensure fitment. maybe someone can post any info of strut tube variances?

If you have a jack and stands, a welder, a basic metric tool kit and the ability to do wheel bearings, tie rod ends, and balljoints, then you too can install this kit in a weekend. I recommend having a professional welder, weld the coilover kit to your front knuckle/ spindle / tube assembly if you have any doubts of your welds holding. SAFETY FIRST.

Once i learn how to post images to this Thread from my laptop, i will give pics of points of adjustment and the rear suspension setup in this kit.

Enjoy

Last edited:
So I could spend more money on this crap or buy goods from Ben. If I were to do another granny it would be just like my 240, Bens coil-overs and roll center correction.

Im so sick of garbage coilovers. Thanks Asia.

You should be sick of moron punks who think that their websites selling the exact same junk ---with different color anodizing----and some dumb photos of some tarted up cars "drifting" in some pool table smooth parking lot is going to sell...

The Chinese couldn't be making container ship loads of this garbage----if some schmuck idiots weren't ordering it.

Last edited:
You should be sick of moron punks who think that their websites selling the exact same junk ---with different color anodizing----and some dumb photos of some tarted up cars "drifting" in some poop table smooth parking lot is going to sell...

The Chinese couldn't be making container ship loads of this garbage----if some schmuck idiots weren't ordering it.

Trust me. Im in the same boat as you

The cost is around $1085 US dollars shipped.

If you have a jack and stands, a welder, a basic metric tool kit and the ability to do wheel bearings, tie rod ends, and balljoints, then you too can install this kit in a weekend. I recommend having a professional welder, weld the coilover kit to your front knuckle/ spindle / tube assembly if you have any doubts of your welds holding. SAFETY FIRST.

Once i learn how to post images to this Thread from my laptop, i will give pics of points of adjustment and the rear suspension setup in this kit.

Enjoy

So wait.. you charge 1085 and require me to grab my welder ?

I would be interested in a Pic what i would get for my 1085 bucks at first.. ;)

Also interested in the rear setup.. anyway.. don't get me wrong.. ehm.. but this fair price thing hasnt reached me yet..

BC coils are actually built really well. I have them on my 01 530i. No bounciness and they come with camber plates on the fronts. The best thing about BC is you don't mess with pre-load to adjust the height. The shock threads into the lower mount and you have full travel at any ride height. They are rebuildable and have excellent backing through companies in the US.

Circuit Motorsports in Florida got me an awesome deal. 999 shipped and threw in extended adjusters for the rears for free plus I was able to change the spring rates at no extra charge(wish I got Swift springs though). So with the camber plates AND full suspension travel for the front of a 700/900, it's actually a really good deal besides the bit of welding needed which is easy.

It's good though that a company made something for old cars though and BC is one of the better brands and are based in Taiwan and not main land china

BC coils are actually built really well. I have them on my 01 530i. No bounciness and they come with camber plates on the fronts. The best thing about BC is you don't mess with pre-load to adjust the height. The shock threads into the lower mount and you have full travel at any ride height. They are rebuildable and have excellent backing through companies in the US.

Circuit Motorsports in Florida got me an awesome deal. 999 shipped and threw in extended adjusters for the rears for free plus I was able to change the spring rates at no extra charge(wish I got Swift springs though). So with the camber plates AND full suspension travel for the front of a 700/900, it's actually a really good deal besides the bit of welding needed which is easy.

It's good though that a company made something for old cars though and BC is one of the better brands and are based in Taiwan and not main land china

Cool. How do they fit on your VOLVO? You know, the brand of car that this forum is based on.

There are at least 3 US companies based in the USA not Taiwan that make things for these olds cars.

Lots of smack talk without actual facts.

BC works, they work well, they have engineers on hand developing suspensions, and stop linking Taiwan to China, get your geography right if you want to insult someone, Taiwan is a separate entity from China, if this is an racial issue, then may you find peace at your local KKK meeting.

Here are my honest feedback from my experiences

BC Pros: decently affordable, great customer service when you need parts, you can spec the shocks be dyno tuned accordingly to your spring rates.

BC Cons: I had 1 shock that leaked out of 3 sets I've had on 3 different cars, the BR adjustments are only compressions.

How is it compare to others similar priced? here are ones I've used

KW: KW quality is second to none, but of course you pay the price, the BR is similar to their V1, downside was I had issue with the collars seizing when adjusting pre-loads and takes a while to get parts, but the rides are smooth.

Ground Controls: GC was nice, but again, issue with parts waiting time and confusion on orderings, I hope they sort that out.

Bilstein PSS: Great on track, horrible on the streets if you want to retain your organs.

Koni: Decent.

Tein: Had issue with leaks, took 3 months to get replacements while I had to send faulty one back, so the car drove like ass and looked like ass, bad service, decent products.

What other option you can have?

Look up Fortune Auto, they are a Taiwanese company that set up shop in VA making lots of components locally in VA, they do lots of one offs and employee local machinists and can tune each system to your liking.

I dont think anyone thinks its a race thing (at least I dont)

I just think its companies in locales with low manufacturing costs cranking out crap to capitalize on the "Stance/Drift all the things" craze. These seem to be trying to cultivate an image.

Id rather choose a ride height, choose a damper, choose an alignment and get the car set up accordingly the way I want vs mediocre quality, "30 way adjustable" coilovers that are anodized and look cool.

I've seen a handful of snapped shock shafts on BC's, leakers, among other problems. The QC is piss poor. THAT is a fact Chigga.

Cool. How do they fit on your VOLVO? You know, the brand of car that this forum is based on.

I thought the thread was talking about the company? :roll:

My E39 is a 3700 lb car and the BCs have been in there for 2 years and 30,000 + miles and driven on some really ****ty streets and they've held up. Im in the market for a 740 though so I'll let you know how they go on that car, K?

I thought the thread was talking about the company? :roll:

My E39 is a 3700 lb car and the BCs have been in there for 2 years and 30,000 + miles and driven on some really ****ty streets and they've held up. Im in the market for a 740 though so I'll let you know how they go on that car, K?

Considering the thread title is "700/900 Coilover kit..." one would assume it's about the 700/900 Coilover kit. Maybe that's just me.

Yea and the next posts were bashing on the company and those guys don't have these installed on their 700/900s either. I gave my opinion on my experience with products from the same company after the fact. Have I put BC coils on a 700/900? Nope. I do have their coils on another car and basing that personal experience in this thread

Back