• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

78 242 overheats (?)

I just took one apart to get a further look at, it really wouldn't be that hard to put the regulator in the case, but I can't see it being worth the effort. It would be a tight fit to get the regulator on the board at 9x10mm, and does anyone really care what the back of their gauge cluster looks like?
I was thinking more in the $20 shipped price range IF it goes as planned. Give or take a few dollars.

I see how this one failed, 2 of the buttons have a tiny wire soldered to them, one of the wires is broken. In theory it could be repaired..but my eyes and hands are not steady enough to solder wires thinner than a hair haha. And it would have to be soldered under the contact arm.

EDIT: After cutting all the bad stuff out, it might be pretty easy to update the original. If you guys interested would rather have that, let me know. I get the regulators on the 15th, so ya won't see anything till a day or 2 after that.

Last edited:
Back