• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Amplifier power wire

You should be able to snake an extra wire through the firewall where the engine harness passes through. The harness usually goes through in the area where the throttle cable is.

If we're discussing a 1991 940 SE there are power connections on the top of the relay panel and ground connection spade terminals on the trans tunnel behind the radio console on the passenger side. There should already be an existing amplifier and harness connector in place under the steering column, but above the knee bolster. Amplifier bypass harness is available for connecting speakers using original wiring to aftermarket stereo.

1991 940 SE is a 960 Turbo (continuation of the 1988-1990 760).

And yes, there is an unused rubber plug on the firewall near where a clutch cylinder mounting hole block off plate is mounted.

Something that should be addressed in this thread is the size of the wire. I have always needed 4 gauge wire or larger for my stereos, what size are you installing?

I ended up finally getting it through the rubber grommets just left of the clutch like you guys said it was a little hidden
I used 4 gauge I'm running a 800 rms subwoofer and amp so it ended up working out great

Also make sure the ground is short, and at least as large as the power wire, messing that up is another great way to burn the car down.

Back