• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

IPD sport 240 wagon springs on sedan?

jjona5

I like the front to be lower and I tow a motorcycle on a trailer from time to time. I would like to lower the front of my car a bit yet keep the height almost stock in the back with slightly stiffer springs if possible. IPD has their spring sale right now and I was curious if anyone has a picture of the wagon springs on a sedan.

7021352037_3ef36a2121.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PU6R4iQf95Y" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The sedan lowering springs are probably stiff enough to do what you want. Wagon springs on a sedan will be harsh unless the trunk is loaded all the time.

From IPD:

Thank you for your email. you can use the wagon springs on the sedan. I think the height will be the same but the will be a bit stiffer. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

From IPD:

Thank you for your email. you can use the wagon springs on the sedan. I think the height will be the same but the will be a bit stiffer. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

:bs:

The front springs are going to be the same and the rear wagon springs are going to pick up the ass end a good 1.5" just like swapping in 245 stockers would.

Like the picture of that Bertone with the fat assed rake I posted above.

:bs:

The front springs are going to be the same and the rear wagon springs are going to pick up the ass end a good 1.5" just like swapping in 245 stockers would.

If it jacked it up 1.5" and they are 1.5" lowering in the rear wouldn't that keep the rear at stock ride? I'd like to keep the rear where it is but with a higher progressive rating and lower the front slightly.

I have already put bilsteins in the rear, have them for the front and I've replaced all of the rear with poly with poly to go in the front. Along with IPD sways.

If it jacked it up 1.5" and they are 1.5" lowering in the rear wouldn't that keep the rear at stock ride? I'd like to keep the rear where it is but with a higher progressive rating and lower the front slightly.

I have already put bilsteins in the rear, have them for the front and I've replaced all of the rear with poly with poly to go in the front. Along with IPD sways.

Right but you'd still have a big fat rake that would kill the caster, make it hard to align, edge the front tires, drive all twitchy and make it not want to hold a line at speed.

DAMHIK.

2" rake with half of it overload springs and half tire diameter difference.

10ChairsL-1.jpg

That said it's a very forgiving platform, so if you're not sensitive to how it feels running down the road, you might not notice much at all.

:e-shrug:

It is a common choice to lower the front a little more than the rear, normally 3/4 inch ish. That helps make the car look more level rather than the are down look. My dad goes extreme with a 2 inch drop at the front and 1 inch lift in the rear, he always carries a lot of weight and often tows a lot of weight so it's done for a purpose. Towing a bike would just want slightly stiffer than normal springs.

I could have it sent to your place if you'd be willing to ship them to me after.

I guess it would make for a nice QC check if I had a right/left way off.

Appreciate the offer, but it looks like Drew will be in the Dallas area at xmas, might make it tricky to get it done quickly. I?m at the south end of delaware, he?s near charlotte.
Thanks again.

I have a set of IPD lowering spring I took out of my wagon because they were to low for what I use my car for. Also the added stiffness made the rear end feel real choppy on dirt roads with small moguls, like shake you off the road kind of choppy. I thought the 25 % stiffer would make up for it being lowered but it don't.

I decided to leave the front springs in and lift the rear back up with the stock wagon springs and felt much better. Loaded down the car sits pretty good and feels fine with the weight.

43086349_10217005527866419_3987225849790201856_n.jpg

If setting up my sedan to tow I would do the same.

Back