• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Windshield support blocks, 240

:nod:

The Volvo part number for the 262C windshield trim butyl is 1161782. I don't know if it's thinner or shorter than the windshield butyl but the part number is different.

688fe3as-960.jpg

Michael did the glass come with the rubber trim attached? I have yet to remove my glass in hope to find a good one local.

It takes one of each for a 262C. It uses the same part number for the windshield butyl as all the other 200 series cars (1161785) and 1161782 for the trim.

I stole the pic from some Russian website. I don't have it in stock.

It takes one of each for a 262C. It uses the same part number for the windshield butyl as all the other 200 series cars (1161785) and 1161782 for the trim.

I stole the pic from some Russian website. I don't have it in stock.

Probably just the 1/4" bead.

82245GLTPaint195.jpg

Although I don't see any compelling reason to spend the same money on less material, it stretches readily into any diameter bead you want easily.

82245GLTPaint199.jpg

:e-shrug:

Last edited:
On butyl clean up - I have a couple of contacts that say that kerosene makes an absolute mess of it; others who say kerosene is the way to go. Any additional thoughts on this based on actual experience?

I'm discovering that citrus power Goo Gone makes short work of the butyl with a more pleasant smell. As with kerosene, de-oiling will be required. Also seeing that plastic trim removal tool works pretty as scraper. May be sacrificial however...

Have fun with that. I spent a few hours yesterday removing old butyl from the front and rear window trim of my coupe. It was messy. Have plenty of gloves on hand.

I just bought a new windshield cash and carry. Was told Pilkington is dropping the older Volvo stuff, but some will be added to its "classic glass" category along with a 50-100% price increase since its so special now.

The new glass I got had the rectangular slot in the middle-bottom for the OE spacer - never had this before - there are 2 other spacers, one at each end also. These are still available OE for $1+ ea, but last check, I got the last center and 2/3 of the last ends in the Empire, Inc. Will back order now but am told they are still available. I can find the PNs if anyone wants them.

Should take about 17? worth of time if you can find a nice hardwood stick to carve 99% of it out of the channel in the first pass.

I think my plastic trim tool will do the same trick. However, much too soft/goopy for it to come out "in the first pass".....perhaps the temp/humidity has something to do with it.

Back