• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Short Shifter?

You can just extend your own by an inch or two and have the same effect if you know a welder or do it yourself. I plan to do that when I get bronze bushings.

There was a thread about the aliexpress one. Consensus was it works, but rattles. Hit up Homer to get your stock shifter modified.

Shortening the top end does shorten the throw.

You can also displace the pivot ball. That not only increases resistance, it improves the general tractor/tank transmission experience.

price is cheap so try it and report back

I already did that a few years ago. It works, but has a host of annoying issues. The shifter is also straight, and needs to be bent so you don't punch the center console.

It does in fact, shorten the shift throw though.

I already did that a few years ago. It works, but has a host of annoying issues. The shifter is also straight, and needs to be bent so you don't punch the center console.

It does in fact, shorten the shift throw though.

Thanks I sold new cravings Boost because I going t5 in the 84 242 and now going to put the m46 in the 80 242 in place of a m45. Don’t like the stock throw but got a stock one that Hormer modified.. the cheap one looks good for the price but I’m using what I got

For the price, it's alright. I'd rather spend the ~$65 on just bronze bushings and extend the shifter myself. No chance in getting shifter rattle you'd get with the one on AliExpress.

Back