• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Junction City, Oregon: Scandinavian Auto Showcase Feeler Thread Early August 2018

ethor

Greeting TBrickers!

My hometown (Junction City, Oregon) puts on a Scandinavian Festival every year in early August (9th-12th for 2018) and I'm interested in putting together a car show. Typically Friday is labeled as "Swedish Day", and considering that it's the only Scandinavian country that mass produces cars, I think it should be the day for the show.

I'm beginning to contact local businesses about sponsoring awards and I am looking for space to host it. The space needed depends on your feedback.

The purpose of this thread is to gather feedback about interest: If I put this event on, will you people bring your cars?

If the swedish representation proves to be slim, perhaps I'll look into opening it up to other euro makes.

Feel free to give suggestions and any feedback is appreciated!

Here's some possibly useful info...

This Festival is the most excitement our little town gets for the whole year. The only other "exciting" event is a classic car show and cruise; i.e. a lot of V8's and muscle cars. I think a Scandinavian Auto Show would add a nice flare to the Festival and gives an opportunity for us Volvo people to get together late in the summer, as opposed to xxx, IPD, Davis, or the Leavenworth drive much earlier in the year.

The Scandinavian Festival:
http://scandinavianfestival.com/

The festival has tons of fried food, a fair bit of Scandinavian dishes, a wine terrace, and a beer garden.

Info about Junction City Oregon:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junction_City,_Oregon

Junction City is really close to Eugene Oregon, and less than 2 hours South of Portland.

Thanks for your feedback!

UPDATE 6/5/18:

I pitched the idea to the board members and they loved it!

We will have the show on Sunday August 12th. This is the last day of the festival.
If you are planning/hoping to bring your car for this event, please send an email to junctioncityscandiautoshow@gmail.com to RSVP. Include pictures of your car and your name and any fun fact you want me to know.

I'm looking forward to August!

Last edited:
Sounds interesting. Only issue I see is the fact that, by having it on Friday, you might not get the desired attendance, since a lot of people are working during that time period. I think the Saturday or even Sunday might be better.

-J

I agree with John on the timeline.

A weekend event would garner much more attendance. Also, market the ever loving **** outta it! I'd be down to cruise down to JC to attend :)

Sounds interesting. Only issue I see is the fact that, by having it on Friday, you might not get the desired attendance, since a lot of people are working during that time period. I think the Saturday or even Sunday might be better.

-J

That's understandable. It would most likely get pushed to the Saturday or Sunday. I might talk with the folks in charge about trying to get Swedish Day moved for that purpose. I feel like having a swedish car show on swedish day would be a big draw for volvo and saab people. And, you know, all those Koenigsegg people in the Northwest.... ha. ha. :lol:

A weekend event would garner much more attendance. Also, market the ever loving **** outta it! I'd be down to cruise down to JC to attend :)

Thanks for the feedback!

Any time! And I really do hope the one koenigsegg owner somewhere out in wine country comes to pay a visit lmao

-J

I agree that Saturday would be better. If it?s possible I?m in.

I might be interested if it moves to a weekend...

If anything, a weekend day would work the best for me.:)

Sounds like a unanimous vote for pushing it to the weekend. Not much of a shocker.
I'll be making my suggestion to the Scandinavian festival association next Tuesday.

Thanks for your feedback! I will report back as soon as I hear from them...

Cheers

UPDATE:

I pitched the idea to the board members and they loved it!

We will have the show on Sunday August 12th. This is the last day of the festival.
If you are planning/hoping to bring your car for this event, please send an email to junctioncityscandiautoshow@gmail.com to RSVP. Include pictures of your car and your name and any fun fact you want me to know.

I'm looking forward to August! :cool:

Cool. I'll be there. I have to leave way ahead of time to make the 10 mile drive. :-P

Haha. Its only 20 minutes from my house there. I was up there this weekend for the Function in Junction.

If my car is in one piece I would bring it up there. Hoping its running and driving by then.

Sean

Back