• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

:nod:

You can put any 240 bumper system on your car, but getting the filler trim to fit properly is another matter, although it should be child's play for an ex bodyman such as yourself.

Fer instance I had commandos on the 86 245 'blacknose'.

And a big fat rake that was the envy of every n00b on TB.

Hold the phone

I can fit commandos on my '84? I spent HOURS (ok maybe it ended up being 30 minutes) trying to search to see if it had been done). Does the trim line up or does it look ghey?

Hold the phone

I can fit commandos on my '84? I spent HOURS (ok maybe it ended up being 30 minutes) trying to search to see if it had been done). Does the trim line up or does it look ghey?

Yes they'll bolt right on there.

Bet you couldn't, all the weight weenies are busy going the other way.

Make the right shaped oval holes in just the right places, and the commando rubber bumper filler trim will go right on too...

How do I fit a 740 grille to a 240?

IMG_7167-M.jpg

Dunno looks like a 9 to me, but then again I pride myself in not knowing much about those cars.

Can't you whittle it down with your pocket knife, stick it in a 240 surround and buy the whole mess?

I was always vacuuming up the creeping yellow stuff...

Just in time for the road trip.

Installed my new hood release cable bracket on the rad support. It had been just pulling against the cable guide.

Aired up the tires. Changed the oil last week. Coolant leak is fixed. Refilled rad with anti-freeze instead of straight water. Bosch alt is charging. May try "cool" small alt again now that I know it was the ground.

Steering is fair. Trans is noisy.

Got to revisit the carrier bearing alignment. Kind of a head scratcher. New engine and trans mounts. Will see about flipping it. Pretty sure it was like that before I did all the maintenance.

Got a functioning clock and tach on the way. Hope they make it for Davis. May wire up an inverter so I can work on my lap top during the 20 hours of commuting.

Got a rock chip in my new black hood. I'm still waiting to fall in love with it.

IMG_7144-M.jpg

The wife fired her first shot across the bow tonight. "So, is that old car going to make it? I don't want to spend my weekend on the side of the road."

Having been married for 25 years, I did not say: "But honey, you invited yourself..."

The wife fired her first shot across the bow tonight. "So, is that old car going to make it? I don't want to spend my weekend on the side of the road."

Having been married for 25 years, I did not say: "But honey, you invited yourself..."

Tell her LH2.2 is like the clockwork.

Until the hall sensor wire goes south.

Or the EFI blade fuse takes a crap.

Or the stuck airbox thermostat takes out the AMM.

Or the pre pump accordion hose crumbles after 30 years.

Have a nice trip, I'll pray to the gods of K-jet for you...

:grin:

Did Volvo put the reservoir on the PS pump at some point? I think I read that. Once STS makes up some brackets, I'd like to put the power back in my car. Pretty sure that will cure the wander. Or not.

Back