• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Wagonmeister to the rescue! Excited to have a non-leaking valve that shuts off fully.

A4292032-6F8F-45FC-BF4B-0CA4DE2441DD-M.jpg

Also under "Stuff I should have replaced when I had it torn apart, but didn't have the cash." I guess I do now...

00886C88-3BE5-4CFB-BDAC-F3B14A7CF152-M.jpg

C45060FE-1B0F-4899-A726-EE112E411916-M.jpg

Get (or make) the "15A plates" that go between the strut mount and the tower. The Gabriel mounts I used have 1-year on them and no major cracking or sagging. The plates should be on every car, or BNE top mounts.

Get (or make) the "15A plates" that go between the strut mount and the tower. The Gabriel mounts I used have 1-year on them and no major cracking or sagging. The plates should be on every car, or BNE top mounts.

Been thinking about this and I'm still confused.

Found these:

https://www.ipdusa.com/products/5050/105225-upper-strut-reinforcing-plates

fullsize_8815.jpg

Plates mount between the body and upper strut bushing. Easily installed when adding springs or replacing struts.

If the strut tower is in good condition, what do these plates do? Thanks!

The 15A plates with the small center hole keep the rubber from separating for the most part, but still allow it to flex slightly like it’s supposed to.

The GT replica plates (sold by IPD for example) only reinforce the strut tower top so it doesn’t become dome shaped on very rough roads, but still have a large hole in the center and don’t do anything for extending the lifespan of the rubber mount dealie.

Been getting away with used mounts that aren’t shot and 15A plates for the better part of a decade so far...

Thx guys.

Another question: Luxe Steer?

The struts rotates when we steer. The strut mounts allow this so the springs don?t wind up. Luxe Steer is an improved bearing? Reduces steering effort? Worthwhile upgrade?

Another question: Luxe Steer?

The struts rotates when we steer. The strut mounts allow this so the springs don?t wind up. Luxe Steer is an improved bearing? Reduces steering effort? Worthwhile upgrade?

The strut bearing doesn't always rotate, but it mostly does. Certain strut mounts are better than others. Spherical bearing top mounts are usually worse with this as the bearing friction increases much faster with axial loads compared to a cartridge ball bearing.

On longer travel applications, the springs will "wind-up" and want to twist as they go through travel. Adding bearings on the ends of the springs (or LUX Steer) eliminates this.

I meant for the house.

We used to replace them on the jet ski's and what not when I worked at the Honda dealer. I found them fascinating: One material would corrode before the other.

Found this item for autos in a Hot Rod article. I think if we dump the coolant frequently enough, we're fine.

Nice boat BTW.

Back