• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Getrag swap into a 740, anyone done it?

I've always wanted to put a Jeep AX-15 or NV3550 in my Volvo, they're notchy as hell but with decent gear ratios, removable bellhousing, and they're supposedly good for V8 power levels. The only problem would be finding a 2WD version out of a Cherokee or Commanche, and the shifter would probably have to be moved. Other than that, they're basically a toyota R154 transmission which is a pretty good trans, I think they were put in Turbo Supras?

Jules is in Australia. The selection of gearboxes here is different to what is in the US.
An Australian ford T5 has been used in a 240 GT here.
At all this cost why not import a M90 from UK I think you would get one landed for less than $800au .....$400-500 for the box then shipping. Allot of the >1992 are being scrapped and the UK seem to have mostly manuals.

Wow haven't been on in a while glad to see some more opinions on this

As Nick pointed out being in australia limits the range a bit

the ford t5's are non existent, I've found 265 boxes for around 600-700 and I have a friend who's pretty handy with a welder, ohh and by the way my goals are over 300hp at the wheels for my brick so the getrag sounds like a good option

Back