• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Longer end links

impolvo

Is always busy
Strange request but I raised my 745 by 3 inches
And this makes my end links very mad and bend backwards towards the rear of the car after a little spirited driving ( normally last 1-2 years ) have sheared then right off before
I need a source for longer end links for aluminum control arms on 92 740
I was thinking all thread and just make my own but if there’s a product out there I’d love me to support the maker
Gotta be tough though I’m hard on the car
Bent radius rods , sunk it to axles ripped strut mount stud through body
Stuff like that
It’s my dd truck pulls trailer regularly

Issue pic
kmWqskNl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/kmWqskNl.jpg

So in theory I should go from the 2 1/8 inner length to 4.5in inner length and correct the issue from pushing the control arm down 3 inches from its normal height
Well maybe not exactly fix it but the control arms and end of aiti sway bars will be much closer to parallel

Last edited:
21 bucks shipped with Polly
Worth it pulled the trigger on some with 4.5 inch inner sleeve solid
Longest they make non adjustable
Be here Thursday
Maybe save the fresh ones I put on
Maybe

You could swap to forged lower turbo control arms and use the adjustable kerplunky endlinks. That is what I use on my 745 tow wagon with diesel front springs wagon overload IPD rears.

https://www.kaplhenke.com/collectio.../products/700-900-adjustable-swaybar-endlinks

Yea o looked at those but with 3 inches welded into the strut tubes I need like 2.25-2.5in longer end links to get antisway parallel with control arm and Kaplan?s endlonks while awesome only allow 30mm adjustment so they?d be better buts still not quite there

I think the factory links are 2.125 center shaft and
The energy suspensions 4.5 in should do me right

I kept oe spring front
Billy hd struts. Ipd overloads on the rear with 3 inch spacer and longer mounting studs
And vanagon rear shocks were right at 3 inches longer just needed sone spacers at eyelets to get them in right

Back