• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

HUB's 1968 122s Wagon Project

Nice project. :) Looking forward to hear your experience with the steering box overhaulin. Think I have to do the same soon.

Rear End Components back from Powder Coating

Got some of the rear end parts back today. Turned out very nice! I feel like I'm so close, yet so far away...:grrr:

Lt2n3bkl.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
What'd you get?:-D

A ford rear end... Pick it up tomorrow.

I'm thinking about playing around with a bag setup and would start with the rear first. I feel this would be a great learning experiance before moving on to the fronts... Thoughts?

Thanks,

Last edited:
A ford rear end... Pick it up tomorrow.

I'm thinking about playing around with a bag setup and would start with the rear first. I feel this would be a great learning experiance before moving on to the fronts... Thoughts?

Thanks,

nice, due to the space in the back of wagons (rear suspension wise) a triangulated 4 link is doable. This will remove the panhard completely, meaning when at ride (or above) and when slammed on its jack points the axle stays where you put it... yay no popped tires.

the fronts- might want to check in with keith602.

nice, due to the space in the back of wagons (rear suspension wise) a triangulated 4 link is doable. This will remove the panhard completely, meaning when at ride (or above) and when slammed on its jack points the axle stays where you put it... yay no popped tires.

the fronts- might want to check in with keith602.

I have reached out to Keith numerous times with no repsonse. It appears he is keeping some information to himself. Haha. Amazing car though... It's what inspired me to get mine.

I'm thankful for all the help... Wouldn't of gotten this far if it wasn't for the support on here and offline.

Thanks,

I have reached out to Keith numerous times with no repsonse. It appears he is keeping some information to himself. Haha. Amazing car though... It's what inspired me to get mine.

I'm thankful for all the help... Wouldn't of gotten this far if it wasn't for the support on here and offline.

Thanks,

Well, hes a really nice guy to chat with and a beautiful car.
For bags, I'd cup the lower control arms, but a shock of some sort is tricky... maybe a mount on the front or back of the subframe.

Well, hes a really nice guy to chat with and a beautiful car.
For bags, I'd cup the lower control arms, but a shock of some sort is tricky... maybe a mount on the front or back of the subframe.

I was told the compressor is really loud and don't want that in the car if thats the case.

Will look to see what's available under the car and could keep the tank inside.

Thanks,

Bags are for posers, if you want to keep the same ride height the spring rate is not adjustable.

Unless you make mechanical changes increasing air pressure raises the car

If you are looking for a place for the compressors, I'd go right behind the drivers rear tire and plumb it to a tank either in the spare tire well or just in front of the gas tank. If you go in front of the gas tank, its going to need a triangulated link to remove the panhard bar.

Picked up another short Axle for Ford 8.8 Rear End

Got the other short axle the other day. Going to try to clean up the rear end tonight.
z7opN84l.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
Back