home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > maintenance & nonperformance

Old 06-14-2018, 07:37 PM   #1
Ojai740

Default Ventura Area Mechanic

I live in Ojai California and am looking for a good Volvo mechanic. We did have a great place, Eurotechs, in Ventura but they folded up shop. Anyway, I need to find someone who knows what he is doing. Any leads? Thanks.
Ojai740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:59 PM   #2
PCH
Board Member

How about Star Motors on corner of Palma and Market? I worked next door at ABC years ago.
If not too far: Swedish Performance in Camarillo- Bert has been in business for more than 30 years I think.

Last edited by PCH; 06-14-2018 at 10:03 PM..
PCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:08 AM   #3
Tom in SoCal
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojai740 View Post
I live in Ojai California and am looking for a good Volvo mechanic. We did have a great place, Eurotechs, in Ventura but they folded up shop. Anyway, I need to find someone who knows what he is doing. Any leads? Thanks.
Ventura Independent Volvo is next door to Star Motors at Palma/Market.

The owners were the techs at the Ventura Volvo dealership; they opened their own indie shop when the dealership closed some years ago. So they are generally pretty competent. They have been in the biz for a long time, so know the 240 models pretty well. I take my S80 to them, but they don’t work on the diesels.

Mark's Independent Volvo in Chatsworth is a bit of a drive, but I have found Mark to be outstanding; I take my 245 Diesel to Mark and have been very happy.

They are just a short walk from the Chatsworth train station, so with a little planning you could drop off the car and ride the train back to Ventura.

Neither of the above are low-cost shops. But my experience is they get things right the first Tim, at the estimated cost and the work is completed by the promised time, so I've always been happy.

Tom in Ventura
Tom in SoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 03:08 PM   #4
Ojai740

Thanks for the info, guys. It's almost like finding a new doctor!
Ojai740 is offline   Reply With Quote