• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

scrap wagon - '69 145 - always for sale

cool wheel!

Thank you

Im still collecting parts

header thanks to cwdodson88
image_zpsd0rfqi9f.jpeg

Volvo Competition Service muffler

IMG_20150731_121803101_zpsr9yg0ghz.jpg

I also got around to installing passenger side doors. No more door dents!
IMG_20150731_125703981_zpseow2bsbe.jpg

and if I can find the 4th Hibachi racing 505 3 piece wheel then these will go on the car also (with smaller tires)
IMG_20150715_173149504_zpsx0qjhzq0.jpg

Im also contemplating of painting it like this :-P
$_35.JPG

Last edited:
Just PM me when you're ready; I've already got the typeface they used and it should be a piece of cake. I found this sweet picture to base it on. Now you just have to get one of those uniforms…

Gorgeous wheels, great find! There are a few wheel importers that are good for finding old, rare wheels. VR Wheels and 3piece.us come to mind.

It really is great seeing the progress on this thing! I commend you for taking care of this thing, when so many other would not have. Everyone claims a car like this is too far gone, especially out on the "right" coast!

Do you have a good write up on putting the separating the intake and exhaust manifolds or were the early 140s different. I see you bought those headers and I think I may too and some point.

Just PM me when you're ready; I've already got the typeface they used and it should be a piece of cake. I found this sweet picture to base it on. Now you just have to get one of those uniforms…
Awesome thank you. I also (somewhere on one of my computers) have a PDF for volvo 240 comercial accessories engineering drawings that might help too. I need to find that

Gorgeous wheels, great find! There are a few wheel importers that are good for finding old, rare wheels. VR Wheels and 3piece.us come to mind.
Thank you. I got really lucky or cursed with them :-P. I will contact those vendors, totally forgot about that

It really is great seeing the progress on this thing! I commend you for taking care of this thing, when so many other would not have. Everyone claims a car like this is too far gone, especially out on the "right" coast!
Thank you for your kind words. Good examples of running 140s do come up for a reasonable prices from time to time but these cars are almost obscure even out here. At least the 72+ (?) have a lot in common with 240s.

Not a lot of folks have the space, time or money for a long term project. The younger people (who like these cars) lack one or more points from the mentioned formula. The older folks tend to go with 1800s (IMO)

Do you have a good write up on putting the separating the intake and exhaust manifolds or were the early 140s different. I see you bought those headers and I think I may too and some point.

I actually just got this on Friday.
The early intake/exhaust mani is one piece. No way to separate them. You would need the later style intake manifold if you go with a header.

Did you buy that Anza style 140 exhaust I saw on ebay?

IMG_20150803_075850760_zpsnwxywgg2.jpg

IMG_20150803_075856988_zpsiu36stfm.jpg

IMG_20150803_075903297_zps29esdjpo.jpg

IMG_20150803_075915420_zps2uvjsezh.jpg

I thought I read somewhere that you could cut and separate the manifolds. Buying a newer style IM sounds like a better solution.

No I didn't get the Anza style exhaust. I am watching a Simmons system but decided to go with NOS stock because I want it to be quiet. As I type this I'm not really sure why... Lol

I thought I read somewhere that you could cut and separate the manifolds. Buying a newer style IM sounds like a better solution.

No I didn't get the Anza style exhaust. I am watching a Simmons system but decided to go with NOS stock because I want it to be quiet. As I type this I'm not really sure why... Lol

YES you did ;-)
also from the look of it you can separate them

minor updates
raided a 71 144 (west coast is the best coast)
- crack free dash (well there is a small one but you cant see it once installed - driver corner by the a pillar)
- ipd sways
- waffle mats
- brown carpet that I will dye black
- Mallroy dizzy
- dent free hood
- newer HIF6s
- window scrapers
- door seals

It's time for me to start working on this car to make room for other parts ....
decided to keep the b20 since I got some cool parts for it now;-)

IMG_6255_zpssxzyu4ul.jpg

IMG_6254_zpshahqdpqn.jpg

IMG_6253_zpsctpp0axw.jpg

IMG_6251_zpsrxbptunk.jpg

IMG_6250_zpsvlr8hk3j.jpg

I also sourced 4th Hayashi center, lip and drum with bolts! It comes on a BMW pattern so I will have to get it drilled and filled (beggars cant be choosers)

IMG_20150911_124303681_zpscmqjydvx.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I did. I'm not sure what I meant by that, maybe I thought you said Monza but even then, the two are the same style...

Looks like you have a lot of goodies to go on the wagon. What's the story on that Mallory distributor?

Looks like you have a lot of goodies to go on the wagon. What's the story on that Mallory distributor?

Ha-ha on the ANZA, I saw it in your thread and was like wait a min... Didnt I... Yes I did... I'm just pointing out (more to myself) how good my memory can be:-P
Even if it is just this once in 32 years

B20 mallroy dizzy is the bees knees .... So they say... Mallroy got bought out by MSD.. The Mallroy b20 dizzies are NLA (since b20 owners were cheap badstards not too long ago) and now people are asking 4-500 for themzzz:omg:
So basically a MSD dizzy

Paging Dr hiperfauto or any other respected member of "get off my pushrod club" fossil for the history lesson

Last edited:
They were pretty much the only performance distributor you could get along with the dual point back in the day. The advance curve is adjustable by changing springs and limiting total advance. The Unilite ignition module is vulnerable to voltage spikes as well as the chopper wheel wearing into the module causing it to fail. A filter is available to protect the module.

I wasn't aware they weren't making them anymore. Probably because of too much competition from 123 ignition. For about the same price, $400 - $450, you can get a brand new fully electronic programmable distributor.

There's one on ebay for less than $400 right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MALLORY-UNILITE-45-SERIES-VOLVO-120-B18-ELECTRONIC-IGNITION-DISTRIBUTOR-4561001-/201464573891?hash=item2ee8396fc3:g:UBoAAOSwu-BWQQnx&vxp=mtr

meat-grinder.jpg

This is super rad! That's quite the collection of parts you're assembling, I'm Jelly. Those Hayashi's are going to look so good on there.
Thanks, to me thats part of the fun.. the chase :cool:

Brother decided to ditch the E30 recaros that I put in this Dakota last year? He kept catching his balls on the them when "in-n-out." Now they are going into this thing!
Dont know if I'll recover them in gray or black. Door panels that I have are white. Now that I think about it I will go with black since they will be easier to resell if I decide to ditch them too

IMG_4030_zpsb3a4e107.jpg

welp this project got on the back burner but I got another 69 145
160k auto white interior

tags are from 1984

The white 145 will be a big donor to this car. I havent worked on the white one because the back is so messed up. There are so many panels coming into one big structure back there and it would requite a surgeon to do it right....

AD2D1CFC-7947-4F31-B3E2-864B40CCE37A_zpsch9rtoyq.jpg

IMG_3194_zpscfh1phy1.jpg

Luke said that Charleston Green from Rust-Oleum is the perfect match for this green so I ordered a case for $28 from home chepo
BE453C13-D07C-4F6D-8483-93A19279A049_zpsdxarln2f.jpg

dirt etc from years of not being cleaned
with Ken's favorite carbs. PO said car starts but it's hard to. everything moves freely on the carbs
I have the air filter box also
E9562E94-0D74-4BDF-92CC-F78648827E27_zpsy4czdbby.jpg

Both hood and tailgate are rusted through along with passenger butt cheek (it had rags left inside of it)
That's the only rust on the car - I will be replacing the hood and tailgate first to get rid of my spares

B1741633-6092-4D1E-9151-1B4E292762F0_zpsi34np0pv.jpg

IMG_3192_zps4w6xxc6e.jpg

engine bay cleaned up
IMG_3190_zpsfrmgtjnh.jpg

I want to keep the white interior stock. The white 69 has a white interior also so I should be able to piece something decent
everything will be cleaned.
E4B4557C-48A6-48F6-894C-817C90D83BF0_zpspksta4k7.jpg

IMG_3191_zpsrdz4c8qu.jpg

Tailgate hinge broke on me the first time I tried to close it
IMG_3193_zps5wkq66ut.jpg

Last edited:
Back