• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Best replacement fuel pump relay?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0066S4CSQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After having a "new" relay from URO Parts for about a month, I was happy. Then out of nowhere, my battery died. I'd charge it, get the car started, and then have the battery die in a few hours. Turns out, the relay must have burnt out and kept the fuel pump going even after the car was completely shut off. After a couple boys knocked on my door saying they heard a hissing from my car did I find out the fuel pump was on. I pulled the URO Parts relay off, put in my 20 year old one (still going strong, just wanted to replace it), and the pump shut off right away. And after I pulled the URO relay, my hand got covered in a dirty and oily brown liquid coming straight from the relay itself. I checked the surrounding areas to see if water leaked in from anywhere since it's been raining, interior is bone dry except for where the relay leaked after pulling.

What are the recommended and reliable relays out there? URO Parts apparently has a 24 month warranty, but I don't want to go through that again while at college.

I’ve always had good luck with the JY units. Well, not always..one time i got one that was full of rust. But I’m about 9 for 10 right now. Cool thing is, a lot of them have been replaced with an OE unit in the early 2000s. Some may have a Chinese replacement too but I’ve got some OE (made in Hungary I think some of them are??) that are dated like 2003.

The white ones for LH & Green for K-jet from the JY are what I use.

BTW if it works don't 'fix' it, especially with chinesium.

Just make sure that the green ones are the earlier versions with the brass terminals. Don't corrode, unlike the newer copper terminal version. Personally, I find that the early silver and black 1235337 relays work best for K-Jet.

-J

is there not a way to just wire in a normal foglight style bosch relay in and skip the whole fuel pump relay issue?

my hand got covered in a dirty and oily brown liquid coming straight from the relay itself. I checked the surrounding areas to see if water leaked in from anywhere since it's been raining

Was the splash shield in place when you drove the car in the rain? Maybe failing body seals? Electrical gizmos don't come pre-filled with rusty rainwater, lol. Yeah it doesn't rain in Cali very often, but water plus electronics is a bad combination, would be good to figure out where the water is coming from before it happens again.

Occam's razor.

Back