• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cadillac Brakes on a Volvo 240

Just finished the install on my 2jz swapped 240, very impressed. ATS calipers, S60r rotors, SN95 master cylinder, ACDelco 17D1050M pads. Great pedal feel, solid and progressive. Finally have the stopping power to match the engine power.

I don't suppose he saved any of the pics so they can be reposted? good old PB

I don't suppose he saved any of the pics so they can be reposted? good old PB

I can take a picture if you need anything in particular. I didn't have any instructions and found it to be an easy and straight-forward install. I will say that the brake plugs for the junction block that are provided in the kit require way too much torque to seal. If I were to take that apart or do this again, I'd order the OE plugs.

I can take a picture if you need anything in particular. I didn't have any instructions and found it to be an easy and straight-forward install. I will say that the brake plugs for the junction block that are provided in the kit require way too much torque to seal. If I were to take that apart or do this again, I'd order the OE plugs.

After a few had trouble with the aftermarket tapered plugs, I am now supplying OEM plugs.

I need to update this thread with new photos hosted on Flickr. Still a little depressed that Photobucket wiped out everything I have documented.

I just tried fitting up my kit, and it looks like the calipers are ~10mm too far outboard. Did I somehow manage to buy the wrong calipers?

Part # 22760031 left, and 22760030 right.

That's what I believe I have - per LKQ they're from a 2016 ATS, and they look exactly like the calipers in the first post (i.e. they're not the blinged up ones from the V6 turbo).

(edit) Ugh. Working through all the Cadillacs on Rock Auto, these look like they're XTS calipers. And I ordered them in March, so I'm out of warranty as well. *sigh*

10mm outboard in reference to what?

Sorry, that could have been clearer. The calipers appear to be too far out from the hub, diameter-wise. That would seem to be because the XTS has 14" rotors. D'oh.

Last edited:
Third world problems :-P

88dxnGI.jpg

Does anyone have drawings/CAD files available for this adapter? Im very interested in doing a big brake kit on my 92 244 LS swap, this seems like the best budget-oriented option but I'm SOL without the adapters.

Thanks ahead!

Have you messaged the OP? It'd be nice to ask him first seeing as the adapters are based off of his hard work. Maybe he even has a set to sell you.

Does anyone have drawings/CAD files available for this adapter? Im very interested in doing a big brake kit on my 92 244 LS swap, this seems like the best budget-oriented option but I'm SOL without the adapters.

Thanks ahead!

The 17z brake setup is probably the best budget big brake option for a 240 now. The Volkswagen Touareg, Audi Q7, and Porsche Cayenne that the calipers came on are old enough now that they show up in junkyards fairly often so depending on your local junkyards pricing you could probably have the complete big brake setup for less than $700.

I did take a look at your offerings, but wanted to try my hand at making something myself at my school's shop and this adapter looked super simple to machine. If I can't get the designs (or CAD it out myself) I'll probably end up with the medium Brembo kit.

Also, sent two emails to the address on your site a few weeks ago about picking up an order and never got a response :-( . Any idea when torque rods and panhard bars will be back in stock?

I did take a look at your offerings, but wanted to try my hand at making something myself at my school's shop and this adapter looked super simple to machine. If I can't get the designs (or CAD it out myself) I'll probably end up with the medium Brembo kit.

Also, sent two emails to the address on your site a few weeks ago about picking up an order and never got a response :-( . Any idea when torque rods and panhard bars will be back in stock?

FK is out of stock on the bearings. They are making more. Their estimate is another 3-4 weeks.

Back