• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Diesel and RWD? [d24tic => d5252t]

JaCh95

Hi all,

I have a d24tic 940 that is a non runner,
I also have a d5252t V70 runner. (although not perfectly)

From scouring many forums I led myself to believe that very little fabrication would be required to swap the 2.5tdi into my 940 as the diesel m90 gearbox should bolt up.

Now I have both cars I'm not so convinced, can anybody convince me that if I rip both engines out it will fit? :omg:

Thanks,

JaCh95

Finding it quite a challenge to sift through that Finnish thread!
Thanks for the reassurance guys, does this mean the engine mounts should be a direct fit too?

Pictures might be in English but I have no where near the knowledge or experience required for this project so it took prompting for me to be able to see it. :)

Am I right in thinking that he made the mounts for it to fit in a diesel and then found it was different to the originally petrol car he put it in?

some audi intake mani are direct bolt on (audi/vw engine) with inlet port in right direction.
That's really useful to know, anything that reduces the fabrication required is fantastic! If I can get away with reducing the sump, rerouting the oil feed and making custom engine mounts I'll be chuffed. :)

That's really useful to know, anything that reduces the fabrication required is fantastic! If I can get away with reducing the sump, rerouting the oil feed and making custom engine mounts I'll be chuffed. :)

Probably those from VW T4 - how is that in US...Caravelle?

Moise,

I have so many questions! (If you can answer any I would be very grateful)
Which clutch and flywheel did you use?
What did you wire to existing ECU and what did you wire to the new ECU?
Did you add anything to "fool" either ECU?
Which ancillaries did you take from which car and did you need anything from any other cars due to fit? (Air con/alternator/power steering etc.)
Did you manage to get all the clocks to work?
If anyone else knows any answers feel free to chime in!

some audi intake mani are direct bolt on (audi/vw engine) with inlet port in right direction.

Here is an album of the solutions for getting the intake on the correct side. (I have purchased the Audi manifold)

X7SHauF.jpg

D24 6 pot reduced

9gfx9rq.jpg

D5252t rearranged

LTDgrgB.jpg

Yt1sAAH.jpg

Audi, hopefully bolt on

Viva la Moise! Cool car with killer TDI. How is the fuel economy?

Moise,

I have so many questions! (If you can answer any I would be very grateful)
Which clutch and flywheel did you use?
What did you wire to existing ECU and what did you wire to the new ECU?
Did you add anything to "fool" either ECU?
Which ancillaries did you take from which car and did you need anything from any other cars due to fit? (Air con/alternator/power steering etc.)
Did you manage to get all the clocks to work?
If anyone else knows any answers feel free to chime in!

hello bro, i try to answer

i have full D5252T clutch and flywheel
i make wire for ecu myself, i have original ecu and other ecu for 1b4 turbo pressure (1b7) after change turbo, i don't have air co but is it possible, 855 alternator, power steerinf from 850 too

i have D5252t manifold before but he's very bad, i have win a lot of power with D24 manifold, i think audi manifold is good too

15216260252078837031.jpg

Thanks moise!
Hopefully I can use alternator and power steering off my V70.

Really good to know about the clutch and flywheel!
Now I've hopefully got the intake sorted, what about exhaust? :omg:

yes you can use it, no problems, for exhaust i've homade full stainless 2.5", very good noise

Back