• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

EEPROM Burner

Nope, I can erase it fine. I can program one byte to whatever I want just fine, erase it again, program something different, but just the one byte. I can do this with any one byte in the 32KB range so I'm guessing the programming algorithm is too fast and fails on the 2nd byte.

Some programmers verify each byte right after it's written. It may be writing one byte, verifying it and failing because it couldn't be written again correctly.

Try writing all 0x00 to it, then erase it, which should set all bytes to 0xff. It'll probably not be able to do so with OTP chips. Some software has a "verify blank" feature, see if yours has that

Also both of my programmers, Willem PCB3 and Willem PCB6 have functions to set the read/write speed

After confirming that the programming algorithm used by my EasyPro 90B programmer was bad, I borrowed a MiniPro TL886A programmer. With the new programmer, the ebay SST27SF256 chips, that I bought a few weeks ago, work fine.

I'm able to program them to whatever I want, verify, erase, re-program to something else, etc. Vendor and Chip IDs are correct (xBF xA3). I also swapped one into a Bosch LH2.4 '937 ECU and it worked correctly on the benchtop (not an extensive test, but as good as I can do since I don't have a running Volvo with LH2.4 at this time).

[Note: the chips that I received from ebay had the "SST MTP" logo on them, not the "SST" only logo shown in the ebay listing. The MTP is Many Time Programmable, versus OTP One Time Programmable". Both logos are original from SST.]

After confirming that the programming algorithm used by my EasyPro 90B programmer was bad, I borrowed a MiniPro TL886A programmer. With the new programmer, the ebay SST27SF256 chips, that I bought a few weeks ago, work fine.

I'm able to program them to whatever I want, verify, erase, re-program to something else, etc. Vendor and Chip IDs are correct (xBF xA3). I also swapped one into a Bosch LH2.4 '937 ECU and it worked correctly on the benchtop (not an extensive test, but as good as I can do since I don't have a running Volvo with LH2.4 at this time).

[Note: the chips that I received from ebay had the "SST MTP" logo on them, not the "SST" only logo shown in the ebay listing. The MTP is Many Time Programmable, versus OTP One Time Programmable". Both logos are original from SST.]

Nice! you got a steal with 10 MTP chips for $10. How long did they take to arrive after ordering?

I also ordered the sst chips off eBay from china. I am using the tl866 programmer too. It took about a week to get them....surprisingly fast for the slow boat from china. I splurged and ordered the 10 chips for 18.99 and they work great!!!

How long did they take to arrive after ordering?

These took just over 2 weeks. It's really a crap shoot with ePacket delivery from China. Most places ship in a day or two, but I've had packages arrive in just over a week and packages that took just under 5 weeks. I've seen a couple weeks difference in stuff ordered on the same day, but from different places. All in all, I'm very happy with the prices a quality. I've only had one bad Arduino out of maybe a ~100 parts from ebay China.

Back