• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Which broke first, piston or conrod? [B230F+T]

OP aside from wondering.... Doesn't matter if the chicken arrived before the egg.

Yer junk's busted and the block gets tossed along with stock (junk) internals.

Pistons, H-Beam rods and machine work is money well spent that will go a long way toward keeping this from happening again immediately. More mods will then make for more broken parts in the future. Done right it is in the drivetrain rather then under the hood.

How many of us have been visited by the Kool-Aid dood? (Holds up hands as I've been visited multiple times)
You guys disappoint. I expected that pic to already be posted in this thread.

Last edited:
OP aside from wondering.... Doesn't matter if the chicken arrived before the egg.

It matters a little as I'm replacing it with a used bottom end with 13mm rods, but not really changing anything else. I'm running closed loop electronic boost control, so I might tell it to go easy on the boost at low RPM until I do a few more mods that will bring the powerband up higher (or at least I get it on a dyno to see what sort of rod bending power it's making).

Engine removed:
hhG8vVn.jpg

Tkd8ON0.jpg

That's such a neatly punched hole in the oilpan! :cool:
I was thinking that - this I cannot explain. Any takers?

My best guess is that the ozzy took the sump off and used a giant hole punch with a huge ozzy-spec hammer to push that hole out, then bolted it back on and posted up the pic. <shrug> :-D

Back