• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Early ipd springs

oldnfast

I have a new set of the early 7/9 wagon ipd lowering springs that I purchased in a parts lot about 12 years ago,and I'm finally getting around to installing them on one of my cars.can anyone tell me what these are like compared to the springs they offer now? I've driven a 945 with the present ipd springs and i didn't find them overly harsh/car didn't sit to low.the early springs came with big ass zip ties with instruction to tie the rears to the spring perch,so should I assume they are much shorter? I should say these won't be going on the car that I really load up,I'll use another one for that duty
Thanks

I think the old black IPD springs are a bit softer than what they have now.

Way back when even though I didn't own a Volvo I still got the ipd catalog kinda in preparation for owning one.i could swear when they introduced the blue springs the description said something like due to requests these are some% stiffer and lower than previous ones.then again I drank an awful lot back then so I could be wrong! Thanks for your response

Back