• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1980 242 GT. A reasonable project.

I never want to do this part again. It was so tempting to cut it, but I managed to resist.

IMG_3998.JPG

How far away did the folks move? That's a stellar garage setup you're working in. Have em put compressed air and a lift in there, you know.... for good measure. ;)

It's less than 1 mile west of the old house. The garage really is pretty great. Already have compressed air. Soon there will be 210v, heat, and possibly epoxy on the floor.

Lift would be nice, but probably no room once all the woodworking stuff gets set up...

Bump, because well yeah.

Fine.

Not much has happened with this car over the past two months because there have been a lot of contractors in and out of the garage doing various things, but it seems that most of that has finally come to a close. So, now I can get BACK TO WORK!

Here are a few sloppy pictures of some things in process.

Control arms sandblasted, boxed, primed, painted and undercoated.
IMG_4004.JPG

95 b230ft from the wagon. Need to finish cleaning this up so I can repaint the block, replace a few seals, etc.
IMG_4010.JPG

IMG_4012.JPG

Flocked '87 dash. This will go in as soon as I get the driver-side firewall panel bolted in (which I also just finished painting)
IMG_4033.JPG

BBS RC304 17x8 et38. Stripped the plastidip off of these. I'll test-fit and decide if I want to run these on this car in lieu of the 18s I had on the wagon. At <17lbs, it's hard to say no.
IMG_4018.JPG

Front suspension staging area. Found both ball joint boots torn last night (only <5k miles on them), so I'll be ordering a fresh set to toss in with the Kaplhenke QSRCs, and then this all can get bolted in.
IMG_4048.JPG

Last edited:
Just a random thought, but you sure thats an 87 dash? the center hole says differently. I want a flocked dash haha

Just a random thought, but you sure thats an 87 dash? the center hole says differently. I want a flocked dash haha

i had a 90 with that hole, volvos are weird in many ways. I would never feel comfortable claiming a dead set cutoff date on any production parts ect.

Back