• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

HUB's 1968 122s Wagon Project

I will good sir. Thanks for he help. What dims and weight did you use for the rear?

Thanks,

I used a 3"x10" 250#. I ended up taking the factory lower spring seats and welding them right to the axle tubes on the 8.8. It's just about right also. Just need to do some final adjusting of the rear end to get it to sit level in the back.

I used a 3"x10" 250#. I ended up taking the factory lower spring seats and welding them right to the axle tubes on the 8.8. It's just about right also. Just need to do some final adjusting of the rear end to get it to sit level in the back.

Okay. Haven't decided what to do for the rear with a stock rear end. Do even know the stock dims for the springs currently in the car. Appreciate the help!

By the way, I want hump your 142. Lol. Would love to have one. Nice car!

122 rear springs are 4.5" so they're kind of a weird size. Actually I think wagons are different so I don't know much about that. Unless you plan to haul a bunch of weight you won't want to go above 250# for a street car.

Reassembling of B18 Engine

Got more put together yesterday. Still waiting on the head to be done. May go with ARP head studs.
kOZbehPl.jpg

K4H1UGpl.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
What cam did you go with? Personally I wouldn't bother with ARP studs. B20 head bolts aren't TTY and you almost can't blow a b20 head gasket. The money is better spent elsewhere I think.

I need new bolts. Would cost about 70 bucks for OEM and I can get ARP for 5 bucks more with my discount. Figured I might as well.

Went with a standard C grind.

Prepping of Engine Bay- Getting ready for paint

Started working on the engine bay to get it ready for paint.
Crs5Rs9l.jpg

ho64txal.jpg

5yJxjE5l.jpg

37GJpE4l.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
Cleaning and Disassembling M41 Trans

Started working on cleaning the gearbox today and taking it apart to replace seals.

Before
jRICeTXl.jpg

7ItstMvl.jpg

After
KnNsqtFl.jpg

1xj1cmPl.jpg

9jeIi9Jl.jpg

hsth8Apl.jpg

Will do more this week.

Last edited:
B18 Head back from Machine Shop

Picked up the head today. Will need to clean it and paint it.
RiNc8Cil.jpg

ILfxYS7l.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
Car Sent to Body Shop- Painting the Engine Bay

Car was towed to the body shop to have the engine bay done.
6SeNHRCl.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
Lmao. Thank you I guess? It looked good from a distance. Want to make it reliable enough to drive it daily.

Why laugh! Bull****, every Amazon I find within 200 miles is visual rusty from the outside! This is a gem compared to what I can get my hands on!

Back