home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications > aftermarket engine management

Old 12-09-2019, 09:12 PM   #26
Alan29
Board Member

Excellent info on the FP wiring... thanks!

My engine wire harness under the hood is complete crap for the most part (a significant reason as to why I'm doing this MS install). Wouldn't be surprised if the fuel pump wire to the junction is garbage as well. I replaced the positive battery wire a few months ago and don't recall seeing anything trashed into the junction. Doesn't meant it isn't trashed further downstream, but maybe I'll luck out. Wish I had the time to really dig into all the under hood wiring at once. The headlamp wiring has seen better days as well.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:18 PM   #27
Alan29
Board Member

Well...it's about to begin. Been spending some time this week yanking all the kjet and ac components. Trying to clean things up the best I can as I move along. Hind sight I should have gone all out with some degreaser and a pressure washer before hand. But also probably would have trashed my driveway. Going to do the best I can with cheap dish brushes and whatnot.

Tomorrow I'm going to start labelling and pulling the old harness. Few things I need to try to salvage from it if they are still in good order (exciter, alt, oil pressure, temp). My grey connectors at the firewall are complete trash so I may just pick up a weatherpack connector or something for the temp and oil leads I guess.

As with any project I'm running into more crap. Need to replace the radiator, get the stuff to move my ps pump down where the AC was, etc. Hardest part at this point is keeping all this organized in my tiny garage.

Anywho...thanks again for all the info. I'll post updates as it progresses.
Alan29 is offline   Reply With Quote