• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Upgrading the intercooler

OKAY ,Okay i've had all i can stands ,and I cant stands no more " I'm gonna break down and buy the CSF 6049 for my beloved " black Brick BoXX , Really appreciate when you guys chime in and help out with insight VOLVO FOREVER 91 745 LAO chipped , Real Ram Air , performance exhaust , MBC, ,Wide band ...Next any top of the line suggestions ? would like a unit I could perhaps remove easily and test my carbbed 70 GTO with as well ? possible ? or just buy several gauges and pipe the 02's in ? THANXZ AGAIN to all !

You will have to move the oil cooler closer to the battery. I drilled a hole and used a long bolt with a nut to lock it to the upper radiator support. The stock hoses stretched and fit over the hose fittings. The only other thing to move is to make a bracket for the charcoal canistor and move that out of the way.

My wideband is an old LM1. There is better stuff now. I would check out the ones that fit in a 52mm gauge size. They are easy to buy/make a bracket for if you don't have a dash location for it.

For the height difference that RWC mentions. I used 2" rubber spacer blocks that are made for coil springs.

Last edited:
Sorry if I'm asking a lot of dumb questions, but how much of an improvement is the Isuzu NPR intercooler? I know it's the drop-in, but is the stock one really that bad? Just wondering if it would be worth it to find one as an upgrade...

Not a dumb question. Trolling is our love language around here.

The csf brand is fine. I bought a new one for under $200. Sometimes sellers have too many and lower prices. Also you can find used ones from 80-100. You just have to find a business that parts out NPR trucks. They are not hard to find as the NPR trucks are very common.

Intercooler off topic

OOOPZ didnt mean to hijack this thread with the wideband speak , I appreciate the feedback 90Volvo guy/girl/android ? I like the AEM with the digital and analog face would love to hear more feedback , does anyone have a good link to this discussion before i push the buy button ?

Going back to the intercooler topic, I would suggest you check out a KL Racing intercooler:
https://shop.klracing.se/sv/artiklar/volvo-940-med-ac-60mm-.html
I was looking at getting a DO 88 intercooler, but ended up buying (2) KL's instead (honestly, who here has only one Volvo?). I am very happy with the KL Racing intercooler (installed on my stock 1992 944T) and was pleasantly surprised with the difference it made. I'm sure it'll be more beneficial when I actually install the MBC!

Yes, I know that the shipping on the KL items were more expensive. But, I bought a good amount of stuff and feel that as a one time shot it was very much worth it.

Last edited:
Intercooler

I looked at the KL , that unit has the 940 lower connections and the whole foriegn shipping etc turned me off

Also , I just pulled the trigger on the CSF , wish I couldve waited and got a better price but was tired of waiting and just bit the bullet , movin on to widebands and bigger turbo and other upgrades ... SUGESTIONS WELCOME as always ! thanxz All

Back