• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I was too legit. Too legit to quit.

Distributor shaft seal replacement day on the wagon :cool: Modesto crew is ready for Davis!

Uq9x7UJl.jpg

z57E3XRl.jpg

Exb2LbMl.jpg

Do it the smart way. Check for an aux drive gear under the cap where the block mount dizzy goes on a 240. Easy enough to swap those over to a 240 dizzy, giving you a cheap cap/rotor option, normal 240 plug wires work, no leaks, all that jazz. BTDT on mine and another local's 2.2 car.

More Davis prep with lunchb0x. Parting the 740 a bit more. Check out his thread, but the 244 is getting a lot of work done :nod:

The wagon is in next for some upgrades before the show :cool:

q6HR0FXl.jpg

Are you planning on selling bits of the 744?

I am! Feel free to message me and let me know what you need. For those interested: The red 744 is being parted. Mostly body/interior. The parts aren't in the For Sale section since I'm still using this as my parts car. Just offering bits to the community to keep others on the road :cool:

I haven't done anything to the wagon yet and it sounds pretty rough :lol: When this system was in my 744 we used a combination of sound deadening and expanding foam in the hollow cavities. We didn't invest an absurd amount and made significant gains in rattle removal. Downside is weight, but that comes with subwoofer territory :nod:

DiB0TSql.jpg

Dynamat is key with subs, I had a Buick where I actually bent the trunk outer skin so badly you could see the bottom reinforcements from the outside. It would flip quarters about 2 ft... Two 15" Blaupunkt Pro subs (this was in the mid 90's) in a dual bandpass box. Actually shook loose everything on the car. I'm not so loud these days haha, but I do have McIntosh and ADS amps still waiting for install in the 242...

Dynamat is key with subs, I had a Buick where I actually bent the trunk outer skin so badly you could see the bottom reinforcements from the outside..

:lol::lol: Love it!

What do we have here? :oogle:

mpfNLuCl.jpg

Alpine 240.4 from the 744. Time to find it's way into the wagon so I can save the 1000w Kicker amp for something else :cool:

56jwlGtl.jpg

We have a bit of an amplifier collecting problem here

Srd7NmTl.jpg

Last edited:
Loaded up the 740 with junk from a client's property. Stopped by to see Dad and let him pick through the lumber. Always a Volvo meet at our houses! :nod:

wq42vnwl.jpg

Do I make you proud, Ken?? :lol:

PmCGuXql.jpg

Back