• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 7/9 failed clutch master or slave cylinder test?

thelostartof

unbalanced chemical
300+ Club
So while driving home today I go to step on the clutch and the pedal goes full soft and to the floor, lucky me I was already moving and in 2nd gear so I rev matched and put it into 3rd and made it the entire way home in 3rd.

So I now have a hydraulic clutch pedal that goes to the floor dull sof when I step or push on it. Feels like the MC isn't even there, is this a sign of a failed master ? My slave looks fine but I have not had a chance to have someone step on the clutch while I am watching.

Ideas or things to check?

Pull the dust boots on the master and slave back and see if there's any fluid behind them. If there is, it's bad.

Ok i will check tomorrow if I can find some time. I had someone stop by and it looks like while pressing on the clutch the slave piston is moving but just barely, almost looks like the boot is swelling so I guess a good chance the slave cyl has blown out again.

When the fork and/or pivot pin is worn out, the travel can be too much and cause fluid loss. Just an idea.

Well I found the cause of my failure.
rps20180520_115017_585.jpg

I took a spare piston out of an old slave and installed and an I am still getting a dead pedal so good chance I blew out the master also. Either way I guess I will be ordering a new master and slave combo.

Back