• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I think I need an intervention

gotboost

contributor
Ever feel like you have a volvo addiction?? Of course you do. Why else would you spend half your waking life thinking about, working on, talking about or driving volvos. So........yeah. I bought another volvo. That makes 4 volvos in my driveway. I need help!!! I scour the Craigslist ads like a crackhead looking for his next fix! Most nights, I actually dream about Volvos. I've owned like 15 volvos in the last 4 years.

OK, on to my latest relapse. I bought this 88' 740 turbo with manual transmission and 178k for $300 today. It needs a new starter......that's it. Starts about 50% of the time and just clicks the other 50%. Everything works, and the motor is really, really strong. Wait a minute dammit!!! I'm doing it again! I'm trying to convince myself that I'm not an addict. What step of recovery is aknowledgement??? Whichever one it is, I'm working on THAT one. What's even worse is that I don't even like 740 sedans! They look a little like friggin' Buicks! I know there are going to be some pissed off people about that last statement, but hey, it's undeniable. They're good cars, I'm just a 240 guy.

Anyways, I don't know. At least my addiction isn't to drugs, alchohol, gambling or prostitutes....................Well....ok.....maybe I DID have a little problem with that last one, but I'm better now. I swear!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 63
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 64
I actually went to buy it thinking I would strip it for parts, but once I saw it and drove it, I don't know now. It's kinda too nice for that. Everything works, even down to the seat warmers.

No it's not my car. It's a funny as hell photo of some volvo in Thailand or India or somewhere over there. The crazy thing is, it has at least as many fog lights mounted to the front of it and probably 30-40 little round guages mounted to the dash.....real classy.

Why do you think I am selling my truck right now? It is to fund my Volvo addiction!!

Dude, when you finish that 243, it is going to be the sickest car on the thread IMO. I'm a little biased to 240 wagons, but still. That takes customization to a whole new level beyond most of our projects. Seriously though, I'm looking forward to seeing some more progress on that. Keep pluggin' away.

Back