• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

A new project/Dilemma 242 Content

Jeh

A Smorgasbord of Excellence
So a guy had his car towed in, he was traveling and in the middle of nowhere NM it developed an engine noise. We did a quick look over and it seems he let the koolaid man out. So he decided to bail out and wanted to sell the car.

I get to see a lot of cars bailed on and the shop might buy them for scrap and then strip them but this one needed a second chance. So for $200 i am the proud owner of a 1977 242.

Meet Old Yellow

Photo_C5C12DA5-B2B5-8FD6-0177-60A1D7CD88E6.jpg

Photo_22AFD97F-1428-B65A-CFA8-186DF6911F97.jpg

Its a non a/c non p/s car with Oregon plates and the owner lived in Berkely, so it comes with dirty hippie creds and the faint smell of patchouli and smoke.

So it needs an engine and here is my dilemma.

I just acquired a 16v head with all the pieces and my plan was to build a 16v motor and use my Freds chipped LH2.2+EZK and drop it in my 86 240 (see Sig) and with a replacement m47 and a g80 that I just came on to.

Or my new plan.

Put the AW72 from a 940 (the 16v came in) in to my 86 dial the boost back a few lbs and just keep it as a slightly hopped DD

And drop the 16v into the the 242 with a 15g and drop go with MS. I'm not an MS fan but since it wont be a DD I can dick with it for a while and then get it to run well and make it a fun track and summer car.

Whats says Tbricks

TBricks Funkee says thats a steal! 200 bucks! What I hate though is those red side markers, was that stock in the US ?

It has 4 almost new Michilens. It appears to be a CA car so no rust that I see. :)

I will get a better look tomorrow.

I am hella jealous.

Make the 242 the wild track car, make the 86 the auto'd, power everythinged air conditioned, boring daily for sure.

After thinking all of about 3 hours I think that's going to be the plan. Though the 86 is hardly boring (see vids in build thread) I think the 242 will be much wilder. Damn I need to get busy.....alot of parts to round up.

Last edited:
Keep it 100% stock looking and put your 16V in with an M46. Keep it n/a. I think it looks great just the way it is. Excellent find.

Back