• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Whats with 242s

mr brick driver

just bought one a few weeks ago. I have driven 244s and 245 for years, and I really like 245s. but their is something speical about driveing a 242. It's the same car, but something feels more interesting about the driving experience of the car. I won't buy that it's lighter weight and it handles differnt, but what fun cars.

i went from a 244 to my wagon to my 2 door and honestly it feels wayyyyyy better than the previous cars. idk how but it just does. one of my favorite things is the longer window on the drivers door so you can see your blind spot better where the 244/245 have a post.

maybe since 245s and 244s have more doors than 242s, they feel more floppy (for lack of better words). less doors = moar stiff, right?

244/245 & 242 'feel' pretty much the same to me. What surprises me is that people hot-rod 244's. I mean would you hot rod a 4 door Chevelle or GTO?:-P

I have seat track extenders installed on my 245. So when I look directly to my left, I'm actually looking out the rear door's window. If it was a 242, I'd be looking out that big rear pop-out window!

Back