• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What size tires for my new suspension

dmcgee

Jackass
OK. just got my ipd suspension in. Springs, bars, shocks, everything. I also recently bought a set of eiker polaris wheels. What is the widest size tire i can put under it without rubbing?
Is 225 possible, or should i go for the 215?

I did 225 50 15 and they rubbed, I had to lift the rear about an inch so they wouldnt rub anymore, looked kinda cool. Pretty sure 215s will fit though. They are 15's right?

on my 242 ti as you can see in my sig.
btw i also have ipd panhard rod which is highly recommended when trying to fit wide tires....

i fit 225 45 17 falcon azenis and they slightly rubbed when i hit bumps so i rolled my fender with a 8 dollar pipe from home depot and now no more rub.....

blkaplan said:
on my 242 ti as you can see in my sig.
btw i also have ipd panhard rod which is highly recommended when trying to fit wide tires....

i fit 225 45 17 falcon azenis and they slightly rubbed when i hit bumps so i rolled my fender with a 8 dollar pipe from home depot and now no more rub.....

Explain this roll the fender stuff you speak of...

you stick something round inbetween the tire and fender and turn it. what you will do will be rolling in the fender to body seam away from the tire.

loudpower said:
I did 225 50 15 and they rubbed, I had to lift the rear about an inch so they wouldnt rub anymore, looked kinda cool. Pretty sure 215s will fit though. They are 15's right?

If you hadn't already caught it, the Eiker Polaris' are 17x7.5s... Optimal tire sizes would be somewhere in the range of 205/45s or 225/40s to keep overall diameter somewhat the same as stock on a sedan, assuming 195/60s are stockish sized on turbo models.

What wheels were you using when you had 225/50-15s that rubbed? What was their offset?

i have 18x8 rims with 225.40.18 tires and the barely rubbed with the 32mm spacer( wheels are 40 offset) i rolled the fender lip ..but with a 25mm spacer i could gain tons of space for a wider tire, 235 or maybe ever 245.

seems to me doug slapped a 245 on his car. he had to use my adjustable panhard rod (just one easy payment of $175.00) so that it doesnt rub, but thats what i recall he runs. altho they could be 235.

IPD springs, poly bushings, adjustable panhard rod, cut fender lips, and 17 pegisus wheels with 235s. no rubbing.

nick

klr142 said:
If you hadn't already caught it, the Eiker Polaris' are 17x7.5s... Optimal tire sizes would be somewhere in the range of 205/45s or 225/40s to keep overall diameter somewhat the same as stock on a sedan, assuming 195/60s are stockish sized on turbo models.

What wheels were you using when you had 225/50-15s that rubbed? What was their offset?
I had 15x7 ICW Racing wheels with spacers. I know that the wheels were a front wheel drive offset, not exactly sure of the specific offset though. They came off of a dodge neon.

Doenst the quarter panel crinkle at all in the rolling fender lip procedure? Maybe I can get the 225 50 16s in there then... :badboy:

loudpower said:
I had 15x7 ICW Racing wheels with spacers. I know that the wheels were a front wheel drive offset, not exactly sure of the specific offset though. They came off of a dodge neon.

Doenst the quarter panel crinkle at all in the rolling fender lip procedure? Maybe I can get the 225 50 16s in there then... :badboy:

So you had a spacer that changes the bolt pattern? What'd you do with it? What was the other bolt pattern?

klr142 said:
So you had a spacer that changes the bolt pattern? What'd you do with it? What was the other bolt pattern?

The spacers were 1 inch thik aluminum and changed the 5x108 to 5x114.3 or something like that. It just bolts on the the OE hub. Works slick.

Back