• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo Van?

VolvoRock

Did Volvo ever make a cargo van? like a VW Vanagon or something of that sort?...if not..i think it would be kinda cool if someone custom built a body and cabin or something ontop of a 240 chassis or something.....

Well there was the 145 Express (has a hi-top over the cargo area), 245 Transfer (extended wheelbase wagon for more passengers), 245 hearse (2 doors, extended wheelbase, extended back), 245 ambulance (3 door, extended wheelbase, much taller in back), and for the stripped down, the simple 245 van (2 seats with a steel wall behind, and a flat cargo floor all the way back).

FWIW, I've thought of such too, seeing the occasional nice Volvo with a wrecked rear that could be cut out and something else put on it. Only thing - they handle bad enough as it is ... add more weight and move that center of gravity higher, and it'll get much worse. I should know - I've been using my homemade roofrack a lot recently(*). Despite wider tires, stiffer overload coils, and sedan turbo sway bars, my 245 handled worse than stock under load.

-- Kane

* - Saturday was plywood, sheetrock, and some 2x4x8'. Sunday was a pile of fence boards, some 4x4'8', a couple 2x4x12', a 4x10x8', and about 200lbs of marble tiles inside. Monday, I had a few 2x10x8', a 2x8x16', some more plywood, and cement inside.

like this?
PICT0007.jpg

Captain Bondo said:
Seems to me the PV 444 was like a cargo/delivery van thingie.

444 was just like the 544, minor differences like the split windshield.

P445/P210 "Duett" was the truck version, which was different from the 444/544.

Ok...I know this is kindof off topic, but.....I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Suggahill.jpg

1956 Volvo Sugga, this has got to be one of the coolest volvos EVER

mjkspyder_one said:
Ok...I know this is kindof off topic, but.....I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Suggahill.jpg

1956 Volvo Sugga, this has got to be one of the coolest volvos EVER
There is one of those here in town, shows up at ALL the CHEVY shows, has a big block 454 in it with auto tranny. When I first saw it i was like OMG...then I looked under the hood, I was dissapointed to say the least! Tim

lol, I would probably swap the engine out as well if I owned one of those. Don't really want to deal with the gutless-ness of a 1956 Volvo engine, prolly a straight six in that thing that pumps out about 95hp...
*edit* I just have to say though, that thing looks BAD ASS!! If I had one, I'd be out in the mud every weekend.

flod down the back seats ina any Volvo estate and uve near enough got a van haven't you

i know in the UK back in the 70's & 80's the 245 was the ultimate antique dealers wagon

The Racing Volvo said:
did anyone notice the "roll cage" on this thing?

i gues that when you get to such a size it'a only fesible to place the cage on the out side. :e-shrug:

thats how its done on offroad cars

mjkspyder_one said:
lol, I would probably swap the engine out as well if I owned one of those. Don't really want to deal with the gutless-ness of a 1956 Volvo engine, prolly a straight six in that thing that pumps out about 95hp...

Most of these TP-21 ("Sugga") came with sixes but there were a smaller number made with V-8's. Not big blocks of course, but more desireable than the sixes.

pwschuh said:
Most of these TP-21 ("Sugga") came with sixes but there were a smaller number made with V-8's. Not big blocks of course, but more desireable than the sixes.

mm, the famous ~120hp b36 =)

b36_hoyre_side.jpg

206b36.jpg

8 cylinder, 4-stroke, 90* angle, 2 valves per cylinder
3,56 liters
120hp @ 4000rpm
260 nm (192 ft-lb)@ 2200 rpm
weight ~235 kilo

Last edited:
Did Volvo ever make a cargo van? like a VW Vanagon or something of that sort?...if not..i think it would be kinda cool if someone custom built a body and cabin or something ontop of a 240 chassis or something.....
There was the 245 van, that is a regular 245, with a rear cargo area, rather than seats.
here is a photo of a brochure for it

Attachments

• 245 Van 1987 europe brochure.jpg
    245 Van 1987 europe brochure.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 187
Back