• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Color Decision!!!!!!Advice please

VolvoRock

Ive decided im going to paint the 240......what color is at the crossroads im at...Ive narrowed the wide road down to two choices Jet Black or....Orange..orange like what you see on the older 140s its bright fits the car really well, its not nasty and brownish like what they did to some 70s corollas..i dunno what exact orange that is..but if someone would tell me. it would be much appreciated

ORANGE!....I have a resprayed Black GT that was done years ago. The black paint shows all the dirt, wax swirl marks, and water spots. IMO black cars suck. If you want to be different do an orange candyapple paintjob OR just do some cool ghost graphics on the orange paint.

Felixredwoody said:
ORANGE!....I have a resprayed Black GT that was done years ago. The black paint shows all the dirt, wax swirl marks, and water spots. IMO black cars suck. If you want to be different do an orange candyapple paintjob OR just do some cool ghost graphics on the orange paint.

I'll second the argument against black paint. its a PAIN to keep clean. The only time my black 242ti looked clean for more than a week was after Meguairs Triple Step Deep Crystal system. I wont be buying another black car, unless its a killer deal.

luke242ti said:
I'll second the argument against black paint. its a PAIN to keep clean. The only time my black 242ti looked clean for more than a week was after Meguairs Triple Step Deep Crystal system. I wont be buying another black car, unless its a killer deal.

This is true. Unless you have a garage, or at least a cover, black is a pain in the ass. But when it is clean, a beautiful gloss black is so damn nice.

Black. I love it and thought I would hate a black car. Black makes every car look nicer. As far as orange, go with Chevy "hugger orange".

I like black or a dark grey. BMW 750il charcoal grey (might not be the exact name) looks pimp. Maybe black with a coat of metallic dark grey or something.. But if its between orange and black, I would go black. Vovos look good in black.

Back