• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

finished pics

Hank Scorpio

Chubfest 2009 Survivor
300+ Club
35599902.jpg

filthy but all wired
35599903.jpg

now that I got it running I can clamp those wires back off up out of the way
35599904.jpg

35599905.jpg

35599907.jpg

Greddy oil catch can
35599908.jpg

Ignore the dust, we had a bag explode of the dust collector yesterday 8' from where the car was sitting DOH

Woo I can't wait to pull it all apart to do the headgasket this weekend

Doug

you plannin on covering up the fuse block thing in the drivers side footwell?

looks great btw...and believe me...i wanna see you hit mid to low 12's a lot, so once you get it runnin right, get some times :rockon:

damn that's like a freaking show car engine bay!!! very very nice! i like the painted strut brace's.

also note the car is much tidyer than most of our's.

Lose the crescent shaped metal pieces on the strut mounts. They look tacky, and I really don't think you need them with a strut tower brace. I still see a lot of people keep them on, though, and I don't know why.

I'd rather clean those up every few months from the washers nicking them up than repainting the strut brace.

7al2 has a much hotter spark output than my 6al. My 6al would consistently misfire above 5500 w/ the exact same mixtures that my new 7al is lighting off w/out issue.

I am looking to make a cover for the fuse blocks :D

Snoop Dougy Doug said:
I am looking to make a cover for the fuse blocks :D
Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed...I'd be afraid of stepping on it and breaking my car. :grrr:

Freaking DAMN man. It's sooo nice in there. Does the engine always sit that far back? It looks almost as if you moved it back for piping reasons and/or for better balance... Awesome even if it isn't! Doug, keep it up, that is sooo good, LOVE IT! Keep going, keep going :cool:

volvogeek said:
Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed...I'd be afraid of stepping on it and breaking my car. :grrr:

where it sits it's pretty damn hard to do that to it. It was the first thing I checked when I decided to put it there.

The engine is the stock local... its cause my IC is up further than stock and the Radiator is in the NA/NonIC position ;)

lookin good doug! glad to hear its getting closer to runable-ness... and as always, that engine bay is impressive! :) later,

ben

damn! it is amazing to see a 240 engine bay with no clutter and almost nothing in front of the wheel wells.

Now that you've freed up so much room in there it looks like you have room for about 6 more cylinders! The 4 banger turbo looks a bit lost in such a roomy shell.

Snoop Dougy Doug said:
7al2 has a much hotter spark output than my 6al. My 6al would consistently misfire above 5500 w/ the exact same mixtures that my new 7al is lighting off w/out issue.

*cough* tune it! *cough*

:-P

Nice as allways. What kind of overflow tank are you using? I'm looking for a different one for my 1800. I can't find one w/ a cap on the top.

Rob

Bay looks STELLAR bud!
The battery tray stuff goes away with an air cutter and grinder if you get desperate. :)

Back