• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Droppin Diesel...

84_volvo_diesel

I'm riding stock suspension right now, but am wanting to stiffen up the rear end, due to my heavy sub box, the rear end is quite saggy. I was thinking on IPD overload springs. But for the front, I wouldn't mind giving my car a 'stance'. So I want to lower the front by around 3". What should I do to lower the front end 3". I need suggestions as to where to get springs that would fit my car etc. Thanks.

Last edited:
I doubt getting a set of I4 240 springs would work...they'd probably be too soft to support the diesel. So, probably going with an aftermarket set would be your 'best' bet. However, cutting a coil or two would be cheaper. All depends on your budget.

alright, yeah my budjet aint too much, seein im 15. My topic got moved for some showroom, or something, and I posted it here...wuts goin on?

I've checked out the eibach webpage, and they apparently dont have any applications for my volvo. Any suggestions as to which companies would carry lowering springs for my car? Webpages preferred. Thanks.

Last edited:
ipd's say theyll fit all engines...you could try that. you have the stiffest springs as it is now, so you might be able to cut them. also, mikep and towerymt have used springs from domestic stock car spring makers in custom rates and lengths. they are very cheap too. try pm'ing both of them to see whats involved in doing the swap

Back