• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

16v turbo teaser pics

ZVOLV

<Master Tech>
EngineInstallFront.jpg

EngineInstallTop.jpg

EngineInstallTurbointake.jpg

MORE PICS: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=26256&highlight=bunch+16v+turbo+pics
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=26597&highlight=bunch+16v+turbo+pics

Last edited:
damn that look hot! would this be the first turbo 16valve in the us?

looks almost factory, cool to see someone using the oem turbo manifold for it.

what are you going to do about that pipe sitting on the strut tower? rotate the turbo outlet down or make a custom one?

Is it a B234F block? I can't really tell, but it doesn't really look like a B234F bottom, but I can't quite tell if ti has the external oil pump or not.
Also, are you using the 16V rubber mounts or the 8V hydraulic ones? Why is there an AMM on the turbo inlet, or are you going to try to make it run on some form of LH?
I actually like the idea of the B234 balance shafts to keep those cabin vibrations and resonances from a 4cylinder down in the cabin. They do actually work, having driven a couple of 16Vs.
A 16VF+t would be interesting. ARe you going to run the B204FT intake? or just keep the stock B234 one?

The only other US 16v turbos I know of are mvp's and that guy budweiserT. I also heard of some east cost 16v turbo spotted at the strip. I bet kenny will eventually pull thru with his 16v turbo also.

All oem intake pipes from mitsu and garrett applications. The only place it rubs is against the frame rail at the turbo outlet (cant see in pics) Mini sledge will take care of that.

b234 bottom end. 10.0 compression lh2.4 just to get it running and then going programmable. .63/.42 garrett. (the t3/t4 in other pics is no longer going to be used)

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=26597&highlight=bunch+16v+turbo+pics
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=26256&highlight=bunch+16v+turbo+pics

And just to make things more clear. I kept going back and forth between whether I should use the b230 block or the b234 and I ended up using the b234. The balance shafts are removed and the holes are welded shut. The b234 crossmember (to go with b234 motor mounts) and brake boosted is also being used.

EDIT- I gotta stop staring at these pics and go back to work!! I just got it looking like that at 5am. It should be running by sat.

Last edited:
guidom12345 said:
The only other US 16v turbos I know of are mvp's and that guy budweiserT. I also heard of some east cost 16v turbo spotted at the strip. I bet kenny will eventually pull thru with his 16v turbo also.

Don't tell anyone but.....there will be one show up from some crazy Canucks sometime in the next year. There is a '75 242 in my driveway that will be the recipient. Two major projects for this winter are to build an intake manifold and exhaust header.....

Back to our regularly scheduled discussion.... :-D

I would use the B234 too, no need to mess with teh T-belt tensioner, you get to keep the balance shafts, which I personally like, even though they are one more thing to break they do smooth things out as you wind the 16V out.

the 16V brake booster is really expensive to replace and shaped to re-position the master cylinder if I remember right. I just noticed it on a second look. Did you have to mess with the brake lines a lot to make it work right?

What made you decide against using the 700 8V hydraulic mounts? They last a long time and reduce vibration, but maybe there is a slight fitment issue? I think they would still work though. I also noticed you managed to cram what looks like the 8V dizzy in on the intake cam. The 16V stock dizzy is smaller than the 8V one if I remember right, or maybe it just looked smaller to me because the head is bigger.

Nifty project, and nicely done. I would have done the same if I had a project car, I just might have kept the balance shafts and maybe used the hydraulic mounts. The AMM looks a touch close to the exhaust mani on second glance, but probably not bad at all.

Dale, maybe talk to a euro fellow about getting ahold of a B204GT/FT intake which fits a 240 OK.

Snoop Dougy Doug said:
16v are so yesterday :-P

Looks good bud. Did you end up sticking an EGT probe in that spot in the manifold? (its factory and the only thing I can think of IS for an EGT probe).
I don't recall where I heard this but B204GT's engine management system is quite pimp. It controls the boost and will raise it using knock sensors and EGT. It in fact is an EGT port.

Oh Doug -- Maybe yesterday but you're still in last week seeing as you have yet to get one done and running :-P. And that 8valve shiznat you're running is years behind.....

-Andy

I helped zach till the weeeeee hours of the night. Thank god for beer! We're going on a test drive tonight. can't wait to hear those 16 valves wine in harmony.

Back