• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

mtl meet turned bad!

Morpheus19

Well everything went well until the rally up north in the mountaints.Roads went from rather clean to pretty snowy in a short span.Taking a right curve going alittle too fast made me lose control.I counter steered to bring it back,somewhat worked but started to drift towards the left so i tried bringing it back again but this time car ended it up almost perpendicular to the road and going towards the ditch so i turned my wheels to the left and pressed the brakes as hard as i could hoping it would steer with the help of abs back onto the road.Luckily i managed to slow the car down alot but still fell into a 10 foot ditch at a 75 degree incline.Me and my passenger are fine,i felt nothing.Car took most of the hit on the right side of the front bumper when i landed.Both fenders fine,hood not bent,even the chrome peices on the front bumper are ok,one flew off but still good,headlamps good except for right corner lamp.Car fired right up but fan rubs into shroud.Rad doesnt leak but the frame is bent upwards pretty bad.The most impressive thing was when they got the car out,luckily for you guys we got the whole thing on video and it will be posted soon enough i hope.In my unluckiness i was extremely lucky.A few meters before at about the point where i first lost control there was a river(more like a stream),a few feet to my left were trees and a few feet to the right were the car fell was a huge rock sticking out that would have killed the car.Thank god for ABS that helped alot in slowing down the car.I couldnt have fallen in a better spot.Luckily i didnt enter the ditch sideways or car could have rolled onto the top of the car.

I tried my best to regain control but its not so obvious.Its easy to theoretically know what to do when this type of thing happens but its a totally different thing when u live it.Many think they will react the proper way when it happens but i dont hope it for anyone.

Once i realized i was not able to regain it all felt like a dream and no ure life doesnt flash before your eyes!Im just happy it wasnt one of the U.S guys and girl who showed up or even Phil from ontario.

Moral of the story:Bad tires+snowy roads+speed+somewhat young(21) and not soo experienced driver+super curvy going up and down roads=can result in crash

PS:Im raising money for the save the 89' 760 foundation,if anyone would feel generous enough please PM ;p

Good thing you are OK. The car is replaceable!

Happy to hear no one was injured and everyone walked away.

Thumbs up for your attempts to prevent it [well, except the speeding.. you know what i meant :-P]

A few short phrases to sum up the weekend, all will be explained when I have time:

"Have the retards that call the US 'jesusland' ever been to Quebec?"

"How do you say 'I've got your bilingual right here' in French?"

"How many border patrol agents does it take to figure out the back hatch on a V70?"

"How many failed attempts to ask for directions to the bathroom does it take for Ryan to realize that French and Spanish are NOT the same language?"

"Lets play [drift, spin, race, hill-stop, ramp, stall, hit head on headliner of, spill the coffee in, backfire, overboost, bang off rev limiter] Phill's 744."

"I am first here, I am king of this mattress, I will take on all challengers, you sleep on floor."

"These roads make NYC roads look... er... slightly less crappy."

But most of all...

"Wow these roads got slick fast... holy f**k where did Costa go?"

A special thanks to all that attended, as well as Steve for taking in Phill, Alex and I, and Costa for taking Nikki and Shane in. Sleeping in Alex's wagon in a Montreal parking garage would have sucked! And now a moment of silence for Costa's 764... (if you don't fix it I'm going to send a hit squad after you).

Hopefully all made it home safely back to the states (and Ontario), as there was some killer fog on 112 through NH.

The video will be available, as time allows (its like 20 minutes). I also have a GPS log file of the approximate location of Costa's off as well as some other assorted cool stuff I'll post when I get the time. Look for the video around mid-week, there's a whoooole bunch of editing to be done (its taped over a Saab event, and I'm sure you all don't want various images of 900 turbo's on lifts cluttering up your viewing experience).

Last edited:
Quote from Costa

"Roads went from rather clean to pretty snowy in a short span."

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I would also like to say that I don't consider an inch of snow ...pretty snowy...

Last edited:
Lets play [drift, spin, race, hill-stop, ramp, stall, hit head on headliner of, spill the coffee in, backfire, overboost, bang off rev limiter] Phill's 744."
You forgot catch air and loose to a T-5 :lol: and it wasn't overboosting haha.

It was fun and a good drive and gotta hang with some peep's, now only if all who showed interest showed up :-P.

So here are a few pic's of me trying to take pictures with one hand wilist driving @ normal speeds.....

wNjY2ODUzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wNjY2ODU0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wNjY2ODU1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wNjY2ODU2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

So this weekend I learned that T-5's are freakin fast and Quebec roads are even worse then the last time I was there. :rofl: It's also not good to drift and do burnouts with brand new blizzacks....

I had an excellent time at the meet, despite the freezing temperatures and "off roading" experience. haha. I don't know a crazier group of guys :)

isaac said:
Those are the worst pictures I've ever seen.

There's a reason for that... Phill, care to explain your suspension setup, and why you caught air in a gas station parking lot going 10mph?

To put it another way, my head met his headliner more times than imy chiropractor knows what to do with... and we never went faster than 80kph... in a straight line. Around a corner, however, I think at one point we were flying sideways around an off-ramp at anywhere from 70 to 100 kph, tires aflame, Phill giggling like a schoolgirl, tach bouncing all over the rev-limiter in 2nd or 3rd. I suppose that if any of the coffee had made it from the cup to my bladder, I probably would have wet myself... but thanks to the suspension and the crappiest roads this side of NYC, the coffee ended up on my pants by circumventing the bladder altogether and just depositing itself fresh out of the cup onto my right thigh. The burn mark kind of looks like the thing on Gorbachev's head.

But yes, fun weekend. Getting home and what I found out when I got home, however, were decidedly NOT fun.

(Gorbie looks in a mirror at his head) "I may be losing some hair but I am finally leader of the Sov...WTF is this!"
~ Jim Gaffigan

Sorry to hear about your car bud. At least you are alright and you have the craziest TB event story! (not that it makes it any better)

tpk

Well, this was my first Volvo Tbrick meet, and I must say, if they all turn out like this one did...I will for sure attend more :-D
It was great meeting all of you for the first time and hopefully not the last!

I had a great vantage point when Costa decided to take the 760 off-roading! Happened in the blink of an eye and I cought the whole thing out of my rearview :omg: ...never thought the whole car would dissapear over the side like it did!!! Very releived that the boys walked way from it...Great move on Costa's part to slow the car as much as he did, or else it could of been a lot worse. We were moving at a pretty good pace on that nice winding road :badboy:

About the religion angle...yeah, this province in the old days was bible thumping with the best of them, tons of churches, and almost every town up north is named after one saint or another. Times change, hockey, beer and smokes took over and now half the churches are condos...I've heard of a certain "bible belt"...is that something like a chastity belt? :-P

"How many border patrol agents does it take to figure out the back hatch on a V70?"

Answer: On the U.S. side, 35...
2 interrogating the driver, 1 with his side arm drawn on the passenger, 2 with mirrors for the underside of the car, 1 with the K9 unit, 2 snipers perched on the roof, 2 in the helicopter hovering over, 2 guys with the ram, 1 with the cutting torch, 1 covering the guys with the ram and torch, 1 covering the guy covering the guys with the ram and torch, 2 manning the remote controled bomb disposal robot, 5 in the Bradley fighting vehicle, 8 in the AC-130H Spectre gunship, and 5 in the squadron of F-18's dispatched to intercept :-D
That does not include the suits from the CIA, FBI, NSA, FDA, FAA, AAA, NRA, NHRA, NASA, NASCAR, CASCAR... :-P
"Anything to declare?"

Cheers!

Overboosted745 said:
There's a reason for that... Phill, care to explain your suspension setup, and why you caught air in a gas station parking lot going 10mph?

To put it another way, my head met his headliner more times than imy chiropractor knows what to do with... and we never went faster than 80kph... in a straight line. Around a corner, however, I think at one point we were flying sideways around an off-ramp at anywhere from 70 to 100 kph, tires aflame, Phill giggling like a schoolgirl, tach bouncing all over the rev-limiter in 2nd or 3rd. I suppose that if any of the coffee had made it from the cup to my bladder, I probably would have wet myself... but thanks to the suspension and the crappiest roads this side of NYC, the coffee ended up on my pants by circumventing the bladder altogether and just depositing itself fresh out of the cup onto my right thigh. The burn mark kind of looks like the thing on Gorbachev's head.

But yes, fun weekend. Getting home and what I found out when I got home, however, were decidedly NOT fun.

We went faster than 80kph in a straight line :) and well Koni's before spring so it'll be harsher but less bounce. And it's not bad on Ontario roads. and the onramp drift was redline in second so ~60mph. And the car is built for the abuse :twisted: . O and the clutch I'm getting better with only stalled twice on the way home and no burnouts :lol: .

O and my chiropracter is Free here :-D Maybe if someone can get me a warning label for my car and maybe sign a waiver ;-) .

crazycannuck said:
I've heard of a certain "bible belt"...is that something like a chastity belt? :-P

I spent more time than I care to remember in the bible belt, yeah that place is crazy... almost as bad as the parts Quebec we saw (I'm not going to generalize like I did earlier). I saw not one but two full size crucifix's, complete with fake blood, crown of thorns, nails, chest wound and all, planted in people's front lawns on the way up to Tremblant. That is scary. I don't disagree that a lot of America is Jesusland, but you ought to include Quebec in there too.

Answer: On the U.S. side, 35...

The 2 jackoff's that searched the car going into Canada did a whole lot more thorough job. They tore EVERYTHING apart, dash, glovebox, floor mats, seats, knee bolsters, ash tray etc. Freakin moron's didn't even check the spare tire-well or the door pockets. Took them 2 or 3 minutes to get the rear hatch open... all they had to do was pull the release and it would have opened up like any normal back hatch, but nooope, they kept pulling on the plastic valence for the license plate lights. It didn't work the first 20 times you pulled on it, what makes you think this time is going to be any different?

The guy in the booth on the way back to the US looked in the windows, couldn't for the life of him figure out the back hatch, tossed some stuff around in the back seat, and let us through. Didn't open the spare tire well either, and honestly what kind of retard is going to hide contraband on the rear seat under a jacket? If we were smuggling anything, we'd have hid it somewhere a lot better than "under a piece of paper in the back cargo area" of the wagon.

"Anything to declare?"

yeah, bring a back massager (or your own personal masseuse) if you ever plan on driving a car with sport springs, Bilstein HD's and 50 series tires in Quebec.

Oh, that and I love the way your car sounds with that wild lookin' muffler.

it was a very nice weekend great people, nice cars. the only down side was me being sick, casta crashing his car. plus i screwed up on the directions getting home. insted of taking 89 south through VT, NH and then on to 495 in mass. i took 87 and had to drive through up state NY and then 90/mass pike across the entire the state of mass. Nikki was a little less then happy but we where only an hour late. i put over 1400mi on my car and it ran great. the video of the crash will leave every one in awe.

Last edited:
BoxDriver2 said:
Video...is....where?

Just wondering :)

Very bad things happening @ home right now, not exactly enough time to sit and watch a 15 minute video upload on 128k up, or transfer, compress. itll take about 2 hours to get it, plus the cable is MIA so we have to buy a new one. the video exists, there's just these formalities called jobs that get in the way.

Back