• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

CD-changer in 850

LoneWolf

Doe?s anybody know the modelnumber of the 6-disc changer that is factory fitted in a 1994 850?

If what I've heard is correct, it should be made by Alpine...?

Any info?

\\LoneWolf

I have a 1999 S70 with 816 radio. I have added the Alpine 6 disc changer (chm-S620). I pick it up new off e-bay for $140.00. Also had to pick up a converter cable to match up the Volvo 6 din to the alpine unit( $80.00) but you can find cheaper ones at PIE.. hope this helps

Bad Gumby

What is PIE, and is there a specific converter cable I'm looking for? Who makes it? Model number? Where did you mount one on a station wagon (mine's a '95 850 with the SD 811 stereo).
Thanks for your help.
Tom

An alternative is to see how much the dealer wants for the silver glovebox changer. About a year ago I picked one up for about $230 with the mounting bracket and all necessary wires to fit it in the glovebox. The silver one is still an alpine, but it is a Volvo branded one. It has worked perfectly for me and having it in the glovebox makes it easier to change cd's. This one just plugs into the CD changer spot in the back of the head unit and has an adapter for power that goes between the head unit and its power cable

Back