• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mods to the salt mine dump truck

pinguin

Queen Bitch of MWC Thread
well, i finally put some work into my 85 240GL. Put the stereo in last week. Pioneer mp3 player deck. Pioneer 4" 2 way front speakers, and rockford fosgate 6x9 4 ways in back.
only the rockfords get the pics though.
p1010003cu4.jpg

Also, I put a new exhaust on it, so I could actually hear the stereo. It isn't quite finished yet, I want the tip to be poking out the side of the car, because as it is, it tubs at while cruising, asnd is louder than it needs to be inside. Also, it sounds a bit ricey at highway speeds:barf:, I'm thinking a resonator tip will clear some of that up. In a perfect world, I would have used a 45 degree bend, and not a 90, also it would have been mandrel bent, but this is just a beater DD, so whatcha gonna do. Now to switch out interiors, and replace that damnable windshield. (I think I'll get one with the antenna in the glass, and weld a nickel into the hole for the janky front antenna). While I'm doing the interior, I'll have to get some plywood to cover the big holes in the rear floor.
Yay for the Rust Belt, and MN's lack of smog checks.
p1010001ks2.jpg

p1010002cx3.jpg

That's less rust than my 87 had, but not by much. You want me to find you one that doesn't have the salt wounds?

Otherwise, good to see progress on the car. The resonator will help de-rice the sound a little. I need to do that with the Magnaflow on my car. It sounds just like a Honda after I put the header and cam into it.

yeh thats odd. if you meant faggOt it still doesnt make sense, no matter what you have horrible grammar and either you are saying the exhaust is homosexual in some way, or you are somehow comparing it to a stick:???::-P

Did some more stuff.
p1010004ul6.jpg

Why would I do a flathhod swap & grille mods to such a pile you might ask...
Well, it's not going to stay on this car forever, the flathood needs some loving(read: a diet, and black paint), and this way it's with me wherever I go.

Yeah, I know it's dirty, but I'm too damn lazy to clean it.

Back