• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

700-900 wagon wing?

dalek

Benchracer Tribe
Saw this a few weeks ago. Was told it was factory. Just want to pass it along:

WagonWing_01.jpg
WagonWing_02.jpg
WagonWing_03.jpg
WagonWing_04.jpg
WagonWing_05.jpg

That looks modified to me. None of the wings I've seen attach in only 2 spots. They all run across the entire top. NChoy modfied a V70r wing to fit a 740, but other than that I've never heard of it done.

I've been meaning to stop by the local Scion dealer and measure the wing on one of those little boxes, the xB I think. They have a very similar design and mount in much the same way. If they're wide enough I think they would be a nice fit to the 745 and 945.

Not that I would step up and buy a Carbon Fiber wing, but this is the basica look and style. Click here...
I think a lot of it would depend on the overall width. It might be too short for the Volvo Wagons, but it's designed to pull the air down across the back window.

Hey they're pretty cheap too.

I think that's not an Volvo Original accessory wing for 7/900.

Those I know that are OEM looks like this (pictured on a VERY nice Wagon)

2006_04_21_Min_bil_074.jpg

2004_08_06_Min_bil_003.jpg

more pics to be found here:
http://www.945r.se/

Someone I know has a xB. I may try to do lunch with him tomorrow and measure the wing in the process. ;-)

JE Jr, as I said, I do not know if that wing is factory or not; it is the first time I've ever seen a winged wagon. But, as the pictures I took show, I was really interested on how it directed the flow around the rear of the hatch. I thought it was trying to do a good job at that. :-D

That goldish wing looks an awful lot like the wing on my V70. Especially considering the strange angle at which it is mounted, I think it is an 850/V70 wing made to work. If it is the part numbers will be on the right side underside of the wing, should be easy to read.

I have seen both the SAM 700/900 wing (looks like the one JE Jr posted) and the Volvo one (same wing, but no brakelight) on 700's in person, and they do not have space between the wing and the glass like the v70 wing does.

Oh, and I really do not like 700's, but that black one JE Jr posted is hot.

Back