• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1989 244 DD Sortaproject

gdbKvUQh.jpg

5zrieKEh.jpg

jNdnljOh.jpg

XzKDMnXh.jpg

Cleaning up pretty good. Detaining guy thinks he can get more out of the headliner tomorrow.

That headliner looked gross! What did he do to the door panels and headliner to get them that clean? Your car is coming along quite nicely.

^might be using Bleche-Wite (sp?)... The stuff usually used to bleach whitewall tires. A friend used it on his '79 242DL and got the headliner looking brand new. Did have to put some plastic down to prevent the seats from getting bleached out.

So the GTAs aren't going on this car. The idea was to build this into my ideal DD 240, but with the rust that I'm realistically not going to fix and the fact that it's a sedan, it's probably not going to get much more love.

I did throw a set of Sirus wheels on it that I picked up from Nick in trade for a chippable EZK (thanks dude!) and I've just been bumping around town in it the past few days while waiting on R parts to show up.

If I can find some caps for them at a reasonable price, I'll yank the wheels off and give em a quick coat of paint. If not, I'll just rock the hooptie aesthetic.

kEPGlZHh.jpg

I think this weekend I might rent a vacuum pump and see if the AC system shows any signs of life.

That headliner is baaaad! Are you going to pull it or just steam clean it ? Steam may do the trick for now. Nice work on the paint, it looks like there is plenty to work with if you had to wet sand some areas, etc...

Where is the rust and how bad is it ?

Back