• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1989 245 first car

slicks came in a few days ago, 225/50/15s, theyre going on the wheels that are currently on my v70, so once the snow comes ill swap them on the rims.
have the rear diff out right now, cleaning it up, took off the backing plates and putting all new hand brake hardware in. also looking at getting some new torque rods and panhard rod. interior is starting to go back together, pulled all the wiring im not going to be needing, pulled out all the old a/c stuff too. ordering some stuff from yoshifab soon, dsm distributor adapter, nuke fuel rail, the billet crankcase vent, and maybe a couple other things. more pictures will be up when i get some good ones

London. Not sure on turbo specs really, trust the guy who built it, I could measure the wheels, and I know its got a 4" exhaust v-band flange. I cut the hole for the fuel cell, going to run the filter and inline pump underneath and have the vent and return come in through the body (picture will show what I mean). Also got my slicks put on the rims. Its a pretty small tire (24.2" dia), but they avoid any worries of fitment issues, and should still grip fairly well at the strip.

p5pb12828087.jpg

p5pb12828070.jpg

p5pb12828065.jpg

p5pb12828048.jpg

p5pb12828040.jpg

so the guy doing my head measured the valve clearances with the rsi cam and a few of the thicknesses are larger than what i could get through volvo. I went to a local machine shop to see if they could get me/make me some thicker shims, and it turned out they had a 160 head with 46/38 valves, ported, upgraded valvetrain and cam, with the old style adjustable ipd cam gear. They did the head 12 years ago for a guy planning to do tractor racing with it. The guy never paid the bill and wouldnt respond to any calls or messages, so the shop held onto it. Since they had no use for it and theres not any demand for it in this area, i got it real cheap :) unfortunately they arent any specs on the cam or valvetrain, other than a few casting numbers on the cam. I have a K cam that im thinking about swapping in, along with the rsi valvetrain kit, that way i know whats in there and what it can handle rev wise.

p5pb12903909.jpg

p5pb12958793.jpg

p5pb12958796.jpg

p5pb12958804.jpg

p5pb12958814.jpg

Ive been trying out some carbon fiber wrapping, its been turning out okay so far, looking to do a couple things under the hood and a few exterior trim pieces. I bought the th350 trans adapter from kl racing so that should come in over the next few weeks. Im hoping to have the car finished to be in the London auto show in mid-late march 2016

p5pb13049208.jpg

p5pb13049215.jpg

p5pb13049224.jpg

p5pb13049261.jpg

The 8.8 was shortened on both sides, slightly narrower than the stock rear end. Got some new billet specialties for Christmas, diff was shortened to fit the rims and have equal clearance on either side of the tire. Ive got 2 slick options to choose from, 225/50/15 hoosiers or 235/60/15 mickey thompsons. The mickeys fit in the wheel well area, but are a lot tighter of a fit than the little hoosiers. Fronts are a 4" skinny, having the front hubs re-drilled, because the adapters I had made the fronts stick out too much and look goofy. Right now im test fitting the diff, cause the panhard bar still needs to be made up. Im also sourcing a gm auto torque converter adapter.

The front suspension was cleaned up and put all together again, test fit the rear end in last night, something with the axle lengths isn't quite right... Monday its going to a friends shop with a hoist and welder, and the trans is being fitted in, will figure out axle length issues when its easier to access on the hoist. other than that things have been slow, and the canadian dollar just keeps getting worse so things are just getting more and more expensive

p5pb13184765.jpg

p5pb13184769.jpg

anyways heres the car on the ground, the left wheel sticks out fairly far, while the right is in considerably more. set of stock foxbody springs in the back, spring perches adjusted to the lowest setting

The panhard still needs to be made up, the axle housing is centered, but you can see that the axle flanges stick out differently from the housing. The left side axle flange is out more from the housing than the right. Fuel cell is 5 gallon, pretty small but its not seeing road trips or long periods of driving, so itll do. Plus I had it lying around so I might as well use it

found out some info last night, the right axle is correct length, site in the well nicely. the left side is around 1/2" too long, getting an exact measurement tonight. hopefully the axle can be cut and re-ground, if not itll need a new left axle

not much has happened, the speed shop i ordered the axle from ordered the wrong length for the left side, 3-4 weeks for strange to make up a new one, hopefully it wont be too much longer. waiting sucks

Oh my.... I love your wheel choice! This is going to be one bad looking beast! It's so much cooler that that your keeping it Volvo powered too. Good luck! Staying tuned

thanks, im glad with how the wheels look on it, I don't think the 15s look too small either, especially with the 26" tires. axle came in yesterday, trans and rear end mounts are all made up, and engine short block is assembled. I should be getting the engine tomorrow and the car back late next week

Back