• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

245 GL -90 "B6284T" and other 6-cyl builds

Canada too. I got my B6284T at a wrecking yard for $250 canadian bucks. I had briefly considered an LS based truck engine swap, but to get a good one (5.3 aluminum block) would cost a lot, and they're not without their problems. Plus having a turbo inline is as God intended.
I paid about the same for mine in Quebec but I had to take it out of the car at the pick'n pull which wasn't that fun without my air tools. It took me pretty much an entire day.

I paid about the same for mine in Quebec but I had to take it out of the car at the pick'n pull which wasn't that fun without my air tools. It took me pretty much an entire day.
It's not that fun compared to a RWD engine removal :lol:

Here T6 engines are desired and as side effect RWD oil pans are getting pricey. 5-cyl swaps are also common and a shortened 6-cyl pan is needed for those. So just the oil pan with required parts cost around 250€/$268. Thats just a hair less what you could get a complete RWD engine for a couple years back. Currently T6 engine without turbos from a private seller can set you back around minimum of 600€/$644. Doesn't matter if it has 150 or 300k miles because it's most likely just as good.

It's not that fun compared to a RWD engine removal :lol:

Here T6 engines are desired and as side effect RWD oil pans are getting pricey. 5-cyl swaps are also common and a shortened 6-cyl pan is needed for those. So just the oil pan with required parts cost around 250€/$268. Thats just a hair less what you could get a complete RWD engine for a couple years back. Currently T6 engine without turbos from a private seller can set you back around minimum of 600€/$644. Doesn't matter if it has 150 or 300k miles because it's most likely just as good.
I have 2 RWD T6 pans lying under my work bench in the garage! Problem is that I sold the pickup tubes separately! :( Do you know anyone who makes an adapter for that oil cooler thing in front of the pans with AN fittings for use with an aftermarket oil cooler?

Back