• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Andrewhans 240 LS Swap, Going for 8's

Oh!

I've never enjoyed a seating position more. I'm not SUPER tall(6' 2") but tall enough these 240's always felt weird and like I was sitting on top of the car instead of IN the car.
I had the fab guy cut out the floor hump and we will be mounting the seat directly tot eh floor. We got the seat lowered about 2.5-3" and I love it.

I can BARELY see down the hood and the steering wheel is just slightly(1/4-1/2") into my view. Overall, HIGHLY recommended if you are over 6' to get the seat hump cut out and floor mount your seat.

The reason I did it is because of the cage work that's going in would get dangerously close to my head. I had the hump cut out for my safety on the street more than anything else. The added comfort and seating position was just a huge unforeseen benefit.

Last edited:
Dash Photo Details

So I never really found decent photos of the underside of the dash with the brackets and such so I took a few. Couple videos too.

<iframe allow="fullscreen" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="1280" height="720" src="https://api.smugmug.com/services/em...&height=720&albumId=145943700&albumKey=LpLKGM"></iframe>

<iframe allow="fullscreen" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="720" height="1280" src="https://api.smugmug.com/services/em...height=1280&albumId=145943700&albumKey=LpLKGM"></iframe>

Last edited:
Also got some updates on cage work and seat mounting. He dry iced the deadener off. Probly not gonna waste my time/money putting it back. I will get a new black carpet for the car though.

Cage mounting plates getting bent up and fitted for the floor

Trunk is also cleaned up for the parachute mount.

I will also be running a swing out door bar on the drivers side for ease of entry.

Last edited:
Decided to build the modified rear lower control arms so they are ready for install this winter. Got about 98% done on one arm before I ran out of welding wire. Waiting for that to show up to finish the bottom beef up plate and then I can paint it and move onto the other arm.

I also FINALLY painted those TERRIBLE silver vents and ash tray the previous owner ruined. They at least look decent now.

Last edited:
Got some progress photos of the cage work. Happy with how it's coming out!

Nice and hidden from the sides.

Just visible from the front. Windshield will come out at some point for a reseal so I'll paint the front of the bars at that time.

Main bar is about in the same place as it was before.

CAD my fab guy sent to give him a good starting point

Last edited:
Impressive work!

Aren't you concerned about sucking in small animals with no mesh/cover on the that turbo inlet?

With the amount of power you are putting through the drivetrain, shouldn't the heim sleeve extend further into the arm to spread the load? Even with the boxing of the arm, I would think this may be a weak point, no?

20221109_121134-L.jpg

Agreed; I'd put at least 4" of tube on that end and gusset it to the arm, preferably at the corners if possible.

It should be ok but I'll find out if it's not.

Luckily if there is going to be a failure it will be directly on the launch so speed will be very low and it should only fold up and maybe take out the driveshaft and ujoints.

Fingers crossed I don't need to redo the setup. If I do I'll extend add a piece of pipe to the end and beef it up farther into the arm.

Impressive work!

Aren't you concerned about sucking in small animals with no mesh/cover on the that turbo inlet?

With the amount of power you are putting through the drivetrain, shouldn't the heim sleeve extend further into the arm to spread the load? Even with the boxing of the arm, I would think this may be a weak point, no?

Agreed; I'd put at least 4" of tube on that end and gusset it to the arm, preferably at the corners if possible.

Cage work is done! Parachute is done! New shifter/parachute handle is done and the seating position is absolutely perfect.
I can't recommend getting that seat hump cut out enough. I'm only 6' 2" and the difference those 2.5-3" of height make in the comfort of the car is huge.

Needed to notch the armrest to let the door bar be in a good spot.

Window net

Parachute stuff

Seat mounts

Better shot of the external fuelpumps with the bumper removed

Last edited:
This thing is sweet
I appreciate it. I made a lot of progress over the weekend with tail light re-wiring, got the TH350 swapped out and the Powerglide is in, measured for the driveshaft, old transmission cooler removed, normal seatbelts re-installed, vacuumed out the rockers of old leaves and such

I'm hoping it's drivable soon and I can get some carpet installed and keep pressing forward on testing the transbrake and getting the reverse lights and transbrake triggered off the shifter position.

I'll try and get some photos updated tonight but I make no promises lol

Last edited:
Got the trans installed. Received the driveshaft from Precision Shaft Technologies very fast.

Went with a 1350 ujoint on both ends and 3.5" diameter.

The first issue was the seatbelt bolt on the passenger side. It was too long and touching the driveshaft so I shortened it as much as possible. Still was rubbing when I took the car out.

Driveshaft was being difficult to fit so I tilted the engine subframe back about 3deg or so and also bought a shorter transmission mount. That gave me some clearance near the front.

Still was having issues so I disconnected the panhard bar to see if I could adjust it a little. Right as I pulled the bolt on the adjustment end the other side basically fell off. I'm thinking between the diff being slightly offset and the axle side mount not really being connected it was allowing more movement than it appeared while I was just under the car looking around.

Got the stud welded up and driveshaft in.

Last edited:
Clean photo of the fuel pump setup and fuel line routing ish
Quick recap
AEM 400's -10 feed to each and -8 to the Y and -8 to the front.
Walbro 450 in the tank that runs full time. It T's INTO the -8 main line to the front of the car.
Big Yard and Farm filter setup that I swapped out to a Wix 24006 fuel filter.

Last edited:
Transmission cooler mounted - TruCool 40k
Gonna box in the sides of the cooler to force air through it while driving

Last edited:
Added a wide angle UTV mirror bc the factory one broke

Consumed a morning Michelada and cut a hole in my hood. TrackSpec louver. Really high quality

Last edited:
Took the car to get a car wash bc it needed it.

This has always ended badly for me and this trip was no different. A snapped throttle cable as I was leaving the carwash put an end to so far successful test drive I was having.

Ripped out the trigger wire for my secondary fuel pumps and used it to get me home lol

Buddy had a new Lokar on his shelf so I grabbed it for a really good deal.

Ive been slowing down. I've always struggled with tearing apart the car when it's working just fine but I need to replace both upper and lower rear control arms and give the front suspension inner and outer balljoints along with the new front Struts I've had sitting forever.

Thinking about just doing the drag week on the stock L33 engine instead of swapping in the TSP 5.3. I'd be switching over to a different intake(NNBS), gen 4 vs gen 3 sensors and the throttle body is a different angle. Just not sure I want to scramble that all together.

Maybe I'll get a wild hair up my ass and just rip the engine out one weekend to force me to switch it all over.

The hood vent works really well. I had the car idling with the hood down and the airflow coming out of the vent was pretty impressive to me. Happy I made the leap and did that.

Decided to switch the intake over to the NNBS. Usually worth 50whp or so from what I've read. Not a terrible switch but I had a lot of modifying to do so it took most of the day to finish. Looks good and fired right up and idled nice. I'll mess with the tune later for cruise and throttle stuffs

Back